RS250 Tidal Connect

Hello Rose,

I am verry happy with my Rose RS250 :wink: . Question: When Tidal connect will be implemented? Thanks for your an wer. KR Zulu

2 Likes

@Zulu

I’m sorry to tell you that currently we have no plans to add or implement Tidal Connect.

Thank you

You’re not listening your customers at all (see how many threads on forum are about Tidal connect demands), it means that your products aren’t worth event to consider to buy.
Thanks,

2 Likes

@Addeo

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

For a simple reason, Tidal Connect uses Linux-based software and Rose uses Android-based software. So the software APIs they use are different. So we are having trouble adding Tidal Connect.

Thank you

What about the Neo streamers from Zidoo? They are also based on Android, so how did they managed to get Tidal Connect running?

Thank you.

1 Like

The eversolo DMP A6 is also android-based and it supports Tidal Connect (and Apple music by the way)

@fofocho @aidmade

Dear Hi-Fi Rose Users

Only Apple hardware or software developed by Apple products and apps support lossless music.
Since the app (software) on the Android phone was also developed by Apple, it supports lossless sound sources.

So, until now, Apple hardware or software supports only up to aac256 bps unless it is a product or app developed by Apple.

For hi-fi audio equipment, I think Apple Music will gradually expand technology disclosure.
If Apple releases this part in the future, we will be able to apply it.

Additionally, we will explain the differences in how to play Apple Music lossless music on other products.

Hi-Fi Rose does not use the Android Audio Framework to provide HIFI Audio services but is designed to deliver pure audio data to the DAC without loss by using the self-developed Rose Audio Server.

Since we use the Android OS, there are many people who misunderstand that the Audio System also uses the Android Audio System, so I would like to explain the current audio playback structure of Hi-Fi Rose in more detail.

Basically, we use Android to provide a smooth touch screen-based user interface. Additionally, all processes related to HDMI output and graphics on the LCD are performed through the Android Framework. Android’s graphics system is very well tuned compared to other OSs, so the CPU calculations and power consumption required to provide a similar interface are relatively small. This has the advantage of minimizing interference in audio-related processing despite providing a rich graphical interface.

In addition, video playback, system settings, etc. are also used by taking advantage of Android.
The audio system does not use the Android Framework. To provide HIFI Audio service, all steps from I/O to sending audio data to DAC were implemented using the Rose Audio Server we developed ourselves.

Figure 1 is the traditional Android audio structure. A mixer is implemented on the Android Framework to support various audio channels (calls, notification sounds, multimedia, alarm etc.), and all audio is played through this mixer. Because of this, transcoding inevitably occurs in the audio data, and even when playing lossless sound sources, they are played at a specific Bit/Sampling Rate.

However, Hi-Fi Rose products do not use the Android Framework for audio playback, as shown in Figure 2.

When playing audio, only the path is passed to the Rose Audio Server, and the Rose Audio Server directly reads the audio source (file/stream, etc.), converts it into pure audio data (PCM/DSD), and uses the ALSA (Advanced Linux Sound Architecture) API. to pass audio data to the DAC on the Linux Kernel. Rose Audio Server is a framework for HiFi Audio developed directly by Hi-Fi Rose to deliver audio data as it is to the DAC without modification, support MQA Decoding, or perform DSP functions such as EQ (RS201), MQA Decoding, Resampling, etc.