Tidal Connect Support?

As an ex-TIDAL software engineer I’ve reached out to Hifi Rose a few weeks ago to see if I could help in any way, but got no reply. Hopefully we’ll get TIDAL Connect support soon though, would make me love my RS150B even more for sure.

7 Likes

@ROSEHAN @ROSELOA Guys you have a great resource reaching out to you in @koenoe, kindly respond so we can have Tidal Connect. If there is no intent in offering Tidal Connect let us know so we can decide if we move on from Hifi Rose or accept the lack of a very common feature with like streamers.

4 Likes

Come on hifi rose, make a good product great.

3 Likes

I can’t understand why a “budget” product like Bluesound can have Tidal Connect but a premium product like Rose streamers can’t?

4 Likes

I also wish Tidal had My Daily Discovery and My New Arrivals. The Tidal app inside the
Rose app is pretty basic and surely could be improved.
Tidal Connect would solve all the limiting factors of the Rose Tidal app.
I currently use Bubble as an in between app but surely this shouldn’t be necessary on such an expensive piece of equipment.

4 Likes

Unfortunately I’ve decided to trade my RS150b in for a different streamer from a different brand. Although I love the look and sound of the RS150b, I just don’t enjoy using it, due to many issues I have.

Quite a few weird issues, like:

• audio dropping out while using ‘Digital In’ (e.g. toslink from TV);
  • ‘HDMI ARC’ sound out-of-sync issues;
  • when using Spotify Connect the Rose app always changes the volume on my phone to 75%;
  • volume control is horrendous when using the RS150b as a pre-amp;
  • poor language translations in the UI, I believe if you release a product in this price bracket, it’s worth it to hire Translators for copy;
  • messy UX, lots of apps/options that can’t be used due to geo restriction, why not just remove them based on country of user;
  • remote doesn’t work at all, I lose focus all the time and I prefer using the Rose app as a remote as it’s more reliable and easier in usage;

Overall I think it’s a terrible mistake to run Android on a high-end audio device, I think it’s the cause of many of the issues I encounter. In my opinion this is, because Android isn’t reliable and mature enough as an operating system for these devices (there is a reason no other high-end audio products use Android).

I’ve had contact with Hifi Rose as well as some old colleagues at Tidal, but it’s unlikely Hifi Rose will be able to implement Tidal Connect as they state here as well. The only way this would work is if Hifi Rose would develop a ‘software bridge’ in order to communicate between Android and Tidal’s SDK (Linux based). I doubt Hifi Rose will do this as they will then have to maintain this and update it when Tidal updates something in their SDK. I don’t see Tidal developing an Android SDK for ‘host devices’ either.

I just hope they will do something with all the reported issues here on this forum, so future buyers will have a better experience.

3 Likes

Isn’t it possible to run a Linux distribution on a Android device?
I assume there must be a way to run Tidal connect.
For me, I’m happy with my RS150B because I only use Qobuz and it works fine.
But maybe they should roll out a complete new firmware based on Linux. Don’t know if this is possible.
I agree with you some translations still are wrong, as you say, hire someone who can do this job.
Think hifi Rose earned enough money to do this.

3 Likes

What about the Neo streamers from Zidoo? They are also based on Android, so how did they managed to get Tidal Connect running?

Thank you.

1 Like

That’s right, I think the Zidoo NEO Alpha 4K Hi-End is superior to the 150B
Just see the specs and it’s even more than 1000 euro cheaper.
Tidal connect, smb v3 etc.
Think there is still work to do for hifi Rose

2 Likes

Please add tidal connect!

2 Likes

Hello Hi-Fi Rose users

We are planning to support Tidal Connect anytime soon.
However, to support Tidal Connect, we must be provided with the Tidal Connect SDK compatible with Rose’s platform (OS).
Currently, Tidal Connect SDK has not been created for the platform (OS) we are using.
In this regard, a request has been made to Tidal, and if an SDK that can be used in the environment used by Rose is provided in the future, we will support it.

Thank you

2 Likes

Please, dear Rosehan: do not use the word soon in a project that depends on a third party’s SDK availability. This causes despair in us users.

1 Like

Koenoe,

I’m curious. You are very knowledgeable concerning the design and build of streamers. I concur with your analysis.
Since you have decided to move on to another high end streamer, which one are you getting/considering?

StandardModel

@ROSEHAN – Doesn’t Rose run an Android OS ?
I understand you customized it, yet it is an Android OS to the best of my understanding. isn’t there a TIDAL connect SDK for android… ?
TIDAL connect can also stream to chromecast, can we have a SW chromecast client app running on Rose ?

For several years now, I have had a Fiio M11 Hi-Res Digital Audio Player (size of a mobile phone, quite a bit thicker), running Android 7.0 and has the latest Tidal App running version 2.88.1127.12282. Ran an update last night to get the latest Tidal app from the Google Store as would not login and an update had not been run for quite a while. Good to see this was still supported by Tidal.

2 Likes

Dear @ROSEHAN as i understand, there has been a request from Rose to Tidal for the creation of an SDK.
Was there a positive confirmation from Tidal to so, too?
This would possibly justify the statement of a soon integration of Tidal connect, which many of us desire so much !
Obviously a high end Streamer like Rose’s goes well along with a High Res Streaming Source like Tidal :slight_smile:
Kind regards
Jürgen

1 Like

Try to see on youtube Henley audio shows how to connect Tidal

@mettrin You are missing the point. I don’t like to use the RoseApp, but use Tidal Connect.
BR

1 Like

That is also my preference, i think that streaming through TIDAL connect will have audio quality implications rather than having the client running inside Rose player.

How could that even be possible?!