Rs520 AirPlay Requests

I just recently got the rs520 and it seems great so far but not perfect when it comes to the AirPlay implementation. Is there any way we can fix the following:

• No album art when Airplaying from a Mac to the Rose.
  • Missing album title when Airplaying to the unit on the display.
  • No track time/progress or track number.

Can these get fixed? It’d be perfect if we can get these.

Thanks

I’d love for the volume to be fixed 1 to 1 as well like most airplay speakers out there rather than there being a phone volume and a Rose volume.

@nutcasey

We will respond to your requests.

1. The issue of album art not appearing when connecting MAC and Rose devices via AirPlay will be fixed and distributed in the next update.
  2. We can provide a response after confirming the contents.
  3. Track time cannot be displayed on the Rose device when connected via AirPlay. The same problem occurs when connected via Bluetooth.
  4. Apple products such as iPhone or AirPlay do not control the volume of the Rose device. This feature is not supported by Apple.

Are you sure that’s the case? Any type of Sonos device seems to support this. Can’t you have it so the volume that’s on the iphone in this instance is mapped exactly to the Hifi Rose volume? Having two different settings is an enormous pain.

Any reply on this @rosehan?

Thanks

Any update here on my last post?

@nutcasey

The above is what I have currently received from the software team.

Is there an update on airplay 2 then? That has 1 to 1 mapping of volume.

@nutcasey

AirPlay 2 will be supported in the future.
We plan to provide updates to existing products as well. The date of addition has not yet been determined.

Was the bug fix about Mac > Rose album art being missing out yet?

Thanks

Any reply for this? Thanks

@nutcasey

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

I have a few questions for you.

1. What kind of music source does the album art not display when playing on a Mac? Tidal, Qobuz, Apple music, USB storage sources, etc.
  2. If you are talking about the phenomenon of album art not being displayed when playing songs stored on a USB external hard drive or SSD, it will take some time to fix it.
  3. When playing music stored on a USB external hard drive or SSD, all album art is not displayed? Or are some displayed and some not?

I’m talking about what I mentioned above. If from my Macbook Pro, I airplay from Apple Music to the RS520, there is no album art. If I do the exact same with the same music on my iPhone, it works.

To say, this isn’t streamed music, this is music that I ripped from CD to Apple Music in the past. So to further clarify:

Apple Music (Macbook Pro) > Airplay > RS520 = No album art appears.
Apple Music (iPhone) > Airplay > RS520 = Album art appears.

You mentioned here above that it was meant to be fixed:

@nutcasey

I checked the information again and found that when using Apple Music on an iPhone, the album art is displayed when connected to AirPlay. However, it does not appear when using it on a Mac.
This can be reflected if Apple improves this area in the future, as album art is not supported even on Apple devices when using a Mac.

It appears that what you’ve said there is completely inaccurate. Here are two examples. The first is my iPhone Airplaying to my TV which supports Airplay:

The second is doing Airplay from my Mac to the same TV:

As you can clearly see, the album art from the Mac there is displayed on the TV just like the iPhone.

@ROSEHAN

@nutcasey

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
I never said that the album cover won’t show up when all devices play AirPlay on a Mac.

The part that can be displayed on the RS520 when playing AirPlay on a Mac is expected to be reflected when Apple improves in the future.

Sorry I don’t understand, how does Apple need to improve here? I’ve shown that going from a Mac > TV in that example shows the album art. It seems like in the instance of the RS520, it’s not even though going from iphone to the unit does work.

@nutcasey

What you mean is that when you connect your iPhone and RS520 via AirPlay and play Apple Music, the album art is not displayed?

No, when I airplay. No physical connection with any of this.

See this:

Apple Music (Macbook Pro) > Airplay > RS520 = No album art appears.
Apple Music (iPhone) > Airplay > RS520 = Album art appears.