RS720 USB doesnt work at all

I have an RS130 and a Holo audio DAC. I connected the fiber to the RS 130 from the RS720 and USB from the Rs720 to the DAC…RS130 doesnt see the DAC. What gives?

Unplug the power from the RSA720 and wait 10 seconds and replug in the power and try again. Don’t disconnect the RSA720 from the DAC or the RS130 just the power.

Do i have to put the RS720 on USB or SFP ? Im connected to my DAC via USB

Also there is a red module and a blue module (marked) does it matter what goes where?

How is the RSA720 connected to the RS130. If it is connect on the USB fiber port then set the RSA720 to SFP.

I have fiber from RS130 to TSA720 and USB to DAC. I think its not working because my DAC isnt USB 3.0
This is an expensive DAC and this doesnt work at all

I think the RSA720 requires the DAC to be USB 3.0 capable

All DAC’s are usb 2.0. Make sure you connect the DAC to USB 2.0 only on the RSA720.

I quote " Caution: When using SFP mode, the USB 3.0 port on the main body does not support USB 2.0 devices. So make sure to use only USB 3.0 devices." I am new to SFP. I plugged one of the modules into the RSA720 and 1 into the RS130. then ran the Optical cable between them, Then ran a USB cable from the the 2.0 of the RSA720 and my DAC. What leads me to believe it requires USB 3.0 is the cable they included with the RSA720 its a USB 3.0 cable both ends…doesnt fit into the USB 2.0 A style slot. Im at a loss.

The RS130 does not see the DAC at all

Type B i meant. The enclosed cable doesnt fit into the Type B of the DAC

All DACs use USB 2.0 for audio. Not sure I can be of any more help. I would try to work with Hifi Rose direct for. Help.

Ya, Im sending it back this is ridiculous.

Any idea why one of the transceivers is red and the other blue?

Sorry no idea about the colour, but
I try it…

first I try a hard reset of my RS130 (Hold the power button down for 5 seconds until the screen appears that lets me power down fully). After that I try all the devices again.
The USB storage stick connect with USB 2.0. Not with 3.0, what I think is ok with SFP. Result: I can not play the titles on the stick.

Then i try the RSA780. After 15 seconds it is found, but there is no chance to play a song (after 1 second it stops!). There is not change to skip or to eject a cd…

Then I try my DDC/DAC. After 30 seconds and some hints on the screen, that no dac is connected it will be found now. When i play a title or radio station from the Roon core it started on the RS130, the screen with the informations is shown but the transfer stops immediately…

This is very disappointing. The RSA720 is a commercial option for the RS130 with a very high price and do not work at all in my system!

short answer from Hi-Fi Rose:
Please contact the main distributor in the region where you purchased the RSA720 and get it replaced…

Hi, I have RSA720 with me for 1 week, likely the use of RSA720 with USB DAC has strict rule to follow… first, when you are in SFP mode, you must use RSA720 USB 2.0 port to connect to your USB DAC. I haven’t try USB 3.0 port because my DAC does not support USB 3.0 anyway…

Second, there is chance that the RS130 does not recognize my USB DAC if you turn on your RS130 first and not turn on your USB DAC more or less the same time, e.g., you left RS130 power on (not wake up from its standby mode) without power on your USB DAC for a while like 15mins or above, your RS130 will not recognize your USB DAC anyway. It can be fixed it by either disconnect and reconnect your USB cable from USB 2.0 port of the RSA720 or reboot your USB DAC in order to trigger the connectivity between your USB DAC and the RSA720… In my case, reboot the USB DAC get high chance of successful connection.

Overall, once it get the RS130 recognize your USB DAC, then it works and greatly improve the SQ and I really enjoy it…

Seem like it is a software issue of RS130 (or RSA720) and hope Hifi Rose can get it fix asap like the early version of RS130 firmware which has connectivity issue with USB DAC but got it fix after… @ROSEHAN

1 Like

In my case, I use the blue one on the RS130 and the red one on the RSA720, then it works, but I haven’t tried reverse…

@deckard @ROSEHAN

Same issue being expressed in “USB link doesn’t work with my DAC”. . . The Rose recommended solutions thus far are not adequate, engineering needs a deeper dive into issue and find the problem. . . Thanks

Dear Hi-Fi Rose users

We apologize for the late response to this issue.
We were also aware of the issue.

RSA720 is a USB fiber optical hub.
There are few devices on the market that have the same functionality as the RSA720.
They also have serious compatibility issues.
RSA720 is a device that we developed because we thought it would be better to use with RS130.
Each DAC has different compatibility specifications. We are currently unable to apply it to RSA720.

There are almost no DACs that are not recognized, but there are DACs that are compatible only in certain situations.
We will try to avoid compatibility issues with as many DACs as possible.
We apologize in advance for the time it may take.

For example, just as we recently solved the problem of Holo Audio KTE May DAC not being recognized when connected to RSA720, I think this will work for other DACs as well.
However, this issue may appear if the current Holo Audio Dac is a 2023 model.
We will do our best to fix it as soon as possible.

I respectfully request your response to the following.

1. What is the DAC model name you are using?
  2. If the DAC is not recognized when connected to the RSA720 USB port, will it be recognized when connected to an external hard drive USB?
    If the USB external hard drive also cannot be connected, there may be a USB port problem.
  3. Is the DAC not recognized even when connected to all USB ports of the RSA720?
  4. When connecting a DAC to the RSA720 USB port, please explain in detail when the DAC is not recognized in certain situations and when it is recognized.

Thank you

Hi,

1. My DAC Holo audio May KTE 2023
  2. The SSD is recognized by USB3.0, RSA 780 also works when connecting to USB2.0
  3. DAC is recognized in very rare cases, on one of the ports of the USB2.0 (second from power)
  4. If DAC connected (which happens very rarely, once out of ten attempts), the songs do not play (I use Roon and tracks from the SSD, which is connect to RSA 720). There is a cover and the name of the track, there is no playing, after 3-4 seconds the next track, the same thing and then all stop.