Synology nas connection error

Hello !
My music is on a Synology nas and cannot be connected to the RS250.
I enter the correct login and password, but each time I have network error.
I don’t understand, it works with all my other devices, it becomes painful after many attempts.
Nice day
Hervé

You have SMB V1 enabled on the Synology NAS?
The Rose devices only can use SMB V1
How to download files from PC to RS150/RS201 via network? (SMB 1.0) - User Tips / How to - HiFi ROSE (roseaudio.kr)

1 Like

Thanks very much in_04, I’m gonna watch this, have a good day ! :grinning:

in_4 all is good in the synology, but in step 7, I can’t find my ID and password, it’s a pity :upside_down_face:

Yesssss, it’s OK (without SMB activate on the RS250 ??).
Thanks very much in_4 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Same Problem here. Minimum SMB is set to SMB1, maximum to SMB3. SMB range icludes SMB1. Any suggestions?

1 Like

Did you switch off SMB on RS250 and then it worked?

Nobody from Rose Support here? I do not find a solution. I can see my network device (Synology NAS), can enter my ID (user name) and password, but nothing happens. Not even an error message. Not solving this will be a reason for me sending back the device. I have changed from a Cambridge CXN V2 where connection to the NAS was a question of some minutes. Wishing this device back at the moment …

I have a Synology DS1512+ with DSM 6.2.4-25556 Update 2.
My settings is (in Swedish):

And my HiFi Rose RS150B have no problem to connect with my Synology DS1512+.

@stig Thank your for taking your time. I have a DS216+II on DSM 7.0-41890. SMB settings are similar to yours, but it does not work.

My settings with a good work (in french)

Meanwhile I got the connection via the iOS App on my iPad. No chance on the RS250 itself.

When entering the NAS from RS250, you will enter ID and PW. What screen do you see as you type in?
Also, is there any special characters in your ID or PW?

Nothing happens after ID and PW are typed in. Goes back to the list where I see the NAS.

No special characters in both.

I got to connect to my Synology Nas with the RS250, but it’s not easy compared to many other hardware. It would be nice to simplify, you (Rose) have a lot of messages from people who are having difficulties.
Please, simplified!!! Thank you

Hello @Wideglide ,

Please check your message.

Rose team, you need to implement SMB2/3, SMB1 is vulnerable and it will still present an attack surface even in home networks.

Much aprepciated

Hello,

We are testing internally to support SMBv2 or higher.
We will try our best to support that feature as soon as possible.

1 Like

That’s very much appreciated. I cannot get my QNAP to connect to the RS150. SMB1 enabled, firewall off. It sees all the folders and tracks, but will not actually play any of them.

For me it is the same. I have a DS220+ on DSM 7.0. SMB settings are similar to yours, but it does not work. I can see my network device (Synology NAS), can enter my ID (user name) and password, but nothing happens. Message is error network. Goes back to the list where I see the NAS.
I have others storage machine, but I can access them.