Synology nas connection error

I have had streamers from Auralic, Nativ, Cary, etc. and never had this type of problem. A music streamer that doesn’t let you stream your own music… wow. There are lots of other threads on this topic and I truly hope this will get addressed very soon. Frustrating.

Hello @catenoide , is SMBv1 allowed in your DS220+?

Hello @hififan , you said that you can see your folders and tracks in RS150, but it doesn’t play.

• Sorry to trouble you, but please check.

• Would you let me know what error message you see? A photo would be better, or just text.

• Is it impossible to play only files in a specific path? Or is it not possible to play something in another folder?

• Can I copy the file to the root path of the NAS and play it? (After connecting to the NAS, the track can be played immediately without entering another folder)

Yes, SMBv1 is allowed
image0
I see my NAS (NASCISCO) but when I enetr my ID and PW the message is " error network "

I can add the folder and sub-folder, but not songs are shown. I try to scan and re-scan, but song count is always 0.

Hello,

1. Did you put music file in your NAS’s root path but the RS150 can’t see the file?

2. Would you touch the button here and delete/login again to your NAS?

Hello,

Can you show me a photo of your NAS SMB settings?

A photo like this.

I don’t know what you mean by that. My music is a share called QMultimedia as shown in the screen shot above. I reset the unit and started over, but no success. I did select the above button, but that made no difference. Track count is 0 and scanning doesn’t really do anything.

Hello,

Did you log in with the admin account when logging into the NAS? When I googled it, there are quite a few people who can see the folder but not the file regarding QNAP. Can you please check if the permission is set correctly in QNAP?

https://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?t=126986
https://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?t=140865

I would recommend any of you, set up the NAS connection via the Rose App, not on the device itself. I did never get a connection to my NAS via the RS250 itself.

I’m having the same problems too from the rose app I can see my music folders tracks but when I click play on the app it says on the RS150B this song cannot be played.
I never had this problem using my Pioneer or Cambridge audio streamers which I sold and replaced with the RS150B.
I know it’s not my Qnap nas as it worked with the pioneer and Cambridge audio streamers.
Regards Matt.
P.S. Hifi Rose we need this fixed as I have 30,000 + albums on my Nas.

Same here. Whether I try to do this on the app or on the NAS, no files shown. I log on with my admin password and user name. If I do the same on my QNAP, see all folder, sub-folders, and files in file manager immediately without issues. Prior streamers did not have this problem, but those allowed to connect to a server like AssetUPNP or Plex or MinimMServer.

Hello @hififan ,

I’m sorry about the NAS issue.
In the photo that you uploaded, the path for your music folder seems like

smb://192.168.1.197/Multimedia/Music/Music/

1. Could you please check if the path is actually the same?
    In particular, please check that the captial letters match.

2. When you touch one of the music file to play, can you take a photo or tell me the text what it says exactly?

The path is correct. If I just click on the above link it takes me straight to the right folder on my Mac. I can’t touch any music files on the Rose since the folders are all empty, even after I start scanning.

Okay, maybe I was confused because of this sentence.

I cannot get my QNAP to connect to the RS150. SMB1 enabled, firewall off. It sees all the folders and tracks, but will not actually play any of them.

Would you check here?
RS150 > MUSIC > FOLDER > Network > QNAP NAS > MUSIC Folder > tracks

If you can see folders and files?
If you can see tracks here, please let me know the error message you see.

Do not go here,
RS150 > MUSIC > ALBUM

@hififan Does your user or user group has smb rights on your QNAP? It’s an additional setup in my Synology and does not depend on the access to the shared folder.

Just an idea to exclude SMB faults on your NAS.

Thanks, I thought about that, but I don’t have that option. The only configuration by user is read or read/write.

1 Like

If I follow the recommended path my user name and password is not accepted. I tried 5 times.

Hi hififan,
I’ve found using the app gives me a network error but if I enter my path and login details on the RS150B it accepts it. Just a thought I don’t know if you was using the app.
Regards Matt.

Matt - thank you. I am trying both, the app and the 150. I can log in, I can see the link and it is white. If I add a new Nas connection I can even click down to the folder and track level. However, nothing scans or plays. I have gotten tired of this and sadly, have given up.

Hi hififan,
Try RoseWare app in the App Store I’ve just tried it and it works no scanning needed.
Regards Matt