The Chinese are gaining on HiFi Rose

Look what’s coming from Eversolo:

Description

New review or comment

The Eversolo DMP-A10 is a network player and DAC of the highest quality and incredible versatility. A true centerpiece of a modern Hi-Fi system, it offers a wide range of possibilities: from local file playback to access to a music library from network devices or favorite streaming applications. A carefully thought-out design also ensures the purest and most accurate sound reproduction. The model uses the proprietary EOS (Eversolo Original Sampling-rate Audio Engine) operating system, which supports audio output at any sampling rate. In other words, when playing any audio file, you can completely bypass the SRC limitation in Android, supporting the transmission of audio from third-party applications for perfectly accurate playback. The DMP-A10 supports almost all available high-resolution file formats, including CD (FLAC, WAV, APE), DSD512 (.dsf, .dff, .iso, .dst), as well as stereo and multichannel streams.

Hybrid DACs with separate sections
The DMP-A10’s audio decoding is handled by two chips - the AK4499EX (analog section) and AK4191EQ (digital section). This design minimizes the impact of digital noise on the analog output, resulting in a noticeable improvement in the signal-to-noise ratio. The DAC supports high-resolution audio streams up to PCM 32-bit 768 kHz and DSD512, as well as MQA file decoding.

The DMP-A10 DSP processor
is also equipped with a powerful DSP processor built on the AK7739VQ chip and has a DSP volume control, parametric equalizer, FIR filters, HPF/LPF filtering, low-frequency enhancement, compressor and delay control.

LCD Touch Screen
The 6-inch high-definition LCD touch screen, perfectly integrated into the aluminum body of the DMP-A10, ensures practical and ergonomic use. The user interface is designed to be as intuitive as possible. Thus, all parameters and information of the player can be accessed through this beautiful interface.

High-speed SSD support
DMP-A10 is equipped with 4GB DDR RAM + 64GB eMMC built-in, allowing you to use a variety of applications. The slot, compatible with up to 4TB M.2 NVME 2280 solid-state drive (SSD not included), is designed for installation without removing the cover, allowing you to store music locally and access it very quickly. In addition, using an SSD instead of a hard drive can reduce the temperature and vibration of the device.

Power Supply
In order to eliminate mutual interference and noise between the system circuit and the audio circuit, and to enhance the purity of the sound, EverSolo has adopted a dual power supply design for the turntable’s power supply. The linear power supply consists of a toroidal transformer specially designed to match the characteristics of analog audio circuits. The high-quality switching power supply is specially designed for the system circuit, which greatly reduces ripple and magnetic leakage interference, and provides reliable support for high-quality digital audio processing. In addition, it incorporates patented intelligent switching technology for the linear power supply input voltage, ensuring compatibility with voltages worldwide without the need for manual switching.

Audio Components
The sound quality of the DMP-A10 analog output is monitor-grade. The audio circuit elements include WIMA capacitors from Germany, NICHCON special audio capacitors, Murata IC capacitors and Omron relays from Japan, TI Audio operational amplifiers from the USA, and more. The goal is to provide a more authentic and pure sound.

Volume Control Circuit
The fully balanced analog volume control circuit, consisting of precision resistors and relays, provides precise volume control, effectively suppressing distortion and noise in the analog signal. It is also equipped with volume protection, automatically reducing excessive volume to a designated safe level during startup or switching of the input interface. The inclusion of an R2R analog volume control ensures that the DAC can always operate in an optimal state.

The DMP-A10’s full range of ports
can be used as a digital player, connecting to a variety of high-end DACs via I2S HDMI, USB, optical or coaxial outputs. As a DAC, it also has a variety of digital inputs: two coaxial, two optical, and a USB-B for connecting a computer or smartphone. As a high-performance preamplifier, the device is equipped with a balanced XLR input and an unbalanced RCA input. In addition, the DMP-A10 features Bluetooth 5.0, allowing easy wireless connection to a wide range of sources. Finally, the DMP-A10 can be directly connected to active speakers or a power amplifier via the unbalanced RCA outputs and balanced XLR outputs. A trigger output completes the package, allowing the DMP-A10 to be integrated into an automatic power-on circuit.

XMOS 316 and clock generators
The DMP-A10 is equipped with a third-generation XMOS 316 USB interface, which ensures flawless reception and decoding of USB audio streams. It supports audio streams up to PCM 32-bit 768 kHz, DSD up to DSD512 and MQA. For optical ports (coaxial and Toslink), they support DSD 64 (DoP) and PCM 192 24-bit.

Like the upgraded DMP-A6 Master Edition, the DMP-A10 features two Accusilicon femtosecond high-precision, ultra-low phase noise clocks for the audio decoding circuit (45.1584MHz and 49.152MHz), which correspond to decoding multiplication of 44.1kHz and 48kHz sampling rates respectively. This effectively suppresses jitter, enabling high-precision conversion and decoding of digital-to-analog audio signals, delivering ultra-high dynamic range and resolution at the output. Upgraded OPA1612 op amps with ultra-low noise and low distortion (0.000015% at 1kHz) further enhance this effect.

MQA Decoder
The DMP-A10 includes an MQA (Master Quality Authenticated) decoder, allowing you to play this type of file and enjoy sound quality as close as possible to the original studio recording. In addition, MQA streams are lightweight enough for streaming.

CD Playback and Ripping
The DMP-A10 has the ability to play CDs from an external drive connected via USB. The built-in CD Rip application uses a data verification mechanism and an error correction function to save audio data from a CD without loss. The application’s algorithm intelligently matches album and song titles on CDs (officially released CDs are required), rips tracks without loss, and automatically generates album and artist information.

Bluetooth 5.0
For Bluetooth 5.0 reception, the DMP-A10 uses the Qualcomm QCC5125 chip. It supports SBC, AAC, aptX, aptX LL, aptX HD and LDAC high-definition transmission codecs, allowing you to enjoy high-quality audio playback via Bluetooth.

Balanced Circuitry
The DMP-A10 preamplifier is equipped with a balanced analog circuitry from the DAC chip to the XLR and RCA stereo outputs. This limits noise and separation channel provides better signal quality.

Network capabilities
The DMP-A10 provides access to popular music streaming platforms and web radio stations such as Tidal, Qobuz, Deezer, Amazon Music, Apple Music, HighResAudio and Paradise Radio, allowing you to enjoy your music without restrictions. As a streamer, the DMP-A10 supports Tidal Connect and DLNA data transfer protocols, as well as many other streaming services. This allows you to play music files directly from the streaming app by transferring them to the DMP-A10 over the local network. What’s more, the sound quality is perfectly preserved. The model supports a wide range of network protocols, including NFS, SMB v1/v2/v3 and UPnP/DLNA, allowing you to browse and play music stored on a NAS or network device connected to the local network. Even high-resolution audio streams are played without any problems.

Little extras that make a difference: filters, volume meters and an aluminum case
The DMP-A10 DAC settings include 6 digital filters with different modes to change the sound reproduction according to your preferences and 4 DSD filters. Numerous screens with meters and audio spectrum provide a pleasant and aesthetic visual experience. The Eversolo DMP-A10 chassis is made of aircraft aluminum, CNC machined with the highest precision to give the device special strength. The matte front panel and anodized body form is a beautiful combination of classic and modern. The built-in M.2 NVME SSD slot is accessible from the bottom of the device, allowing you to quickly and easily install an SSD (sold separately) without opening the device completely. The DMP-A10 supports SSDs with a capacity of up to 4 TB. This means you can expand your storage with a fast, reliable and silent system.

Control options
A mobile control app for Android and iOS has been developed specifically for the DMP-A10. In addition to basic playback control and local system parameter management, the app provides asynchronous access to music library data, system applications and menus. It also allows access to streaming services directly through its interface. If the user is far from the device, they can simply use the app and its screen mirroring function to control the streamer using the familiar interface. An infrared and Bluetooth remote control is also included. The WoL (Wake on LAN) function is supported, allowing the device to be turned on and off remotely from the network (a wired network connection is required).

Specifications:

• Type: Network audio player
  • Transformer type: toroidal
  • Storage capacity: 64 GB
  • Central Processing Unit (CPU): XMOS XU316
  • Built-in DAC: AK4191EQ + AK4499EX
  • Dynamic range: RCA: > 128dB, XLR: > 125dB
  • Frequency range_(p): 20 - 20000 Hz
  • Total Harmonic Distortion: RCA: <0.00010%, XLR: <0.00009%
  • Display: touch 6" LCD
  • Max. Bit Depth/Sampling Rate: 32-bit/768kHz, DSD512
  • Signal to Noise Ratio: RCA: >125dB, XLR: >128dB
  • RAM: 4GB DDR4
  • Power consumption: 16 W
  • Inputs: 1 x RCA, 1 x XLR, 2 x coaxial, 2 x optical, 1 x HDMI ARC, 1 x LAN, 1 x USB Type B
  • Outputs: 1 x RCA, 1 x XLR, Coaxial, Optical, HDMI Audio, 1 x USB 3.0 Type A, 1 x USB Audio, 1 x 12V trigger
  • Interfaces: Ethernet (RJ45), WiFi, Bluetooth, 2 x USB Type A 3.0
  • Wi-Fi: 2.4 GHz / 5 GHz
  • Storage media support: M.2 NVME 3.0 2280 up to 4 TB
  • Supported formats: MP3, WMA, FLAC, ALAC, AAC, OGG, WAV, AIFF, DFF, DSF, DSD512, MQA
  • Power supply: high-quality low-noise linear + digital
  • Max. audio file bitrate: USB: PCM 768 kHz / 32 bit, DSD512, MQA; Coaxial/Optical: PCM 192 kHz / 32 bit, DSD64, MQA
  • Control via application_0: yes
  • Streaming services support: Air Play, DLNA, Spotify, Tidal Connect, Qobuz Connect
  • Dimensions in packaging: 500 x 370 x 200 mm
  • Dimensions (WxDxH): 388 x 90 x 248 mm
  • Color: Black
  • Weight in package: 7.2 kg

StandardModel

1 Like

Whatever.
Yet i do not think it is right to publish that here if one is not satisfied with ROSE Products…

Ben,

I love my HiFi Rose Products. I feel that their products when introduced were innovative and by combining video with music gave them a real head start over the rest of the market. However, one who has a lead cannot rest on his past laurels.

I posted the above to politely nudge HiFi Rose to get their act in gear and stop with the idea that you can release a stability update once a year when the competitors are adding new functions every six weeks. You can’t keep your lead and command a top price for your products when a competitor regularly offers more features for a purchase price which is less than the VAT on your products. Eversolo still isn’t there but it’s closing in.

I sincerely hope that HiFi Rose will get its software game up to the level of its hardware and the sooner the better.

StandardModel

6 Likes

Well since I bought my rs130 I have nothing but praise and great sound AND a perfect working streamer. I wish more owners that have nothing but praise would just speak up because in the other thread « hifirose will not last long » there is nothing but complaint and bitching about the product and that really deteriorates the community forum and the spirit of it AND IT ALWAYS SEEMS THE SAME TROUBLE MAKERS as if they are paid to contaminate the forums. We can’t even have a good time without someone complaining about something. If you got a problem take it to the customer support NOT THE FORUMS.

Also it seems that the same polluters of forums seems to be the same ones and all over this place. Can’t wait to see a moderator that would start shutting down permanently some of those polluters of forums.

I’ve seen Chinese trying to be like the new kid in town and one that comes to mind is COCKTAIL AUDIO. I’ve had their product and sold because I had nothing but trouble with it. Oh yeah they sent me a new board by mail and I had to get a technician to install it because it had no instructions. They are DEAD now!

I know for a fact that if you want help better ask in a polite manners to get the same gesture back!

GDP10345,

I love my RS130 and I also love my RS520 used in a vacation home. I’m a huge fanboy of HiFi Rose. I have said repeatedly that HiFi Rose products are beautifully built. The concept is superb. The software and its support is not great. It needs attention and isn’t getting it.
This is not a surprise to anyone.
You are right to complain about Chinese junk. However, not all of it is bad. Eversolo’s products have received high praise and they really pay attention to complaints and requests for upgrades. A soon as they add a video display chip that’s the end of the HiFi Rose advantage. I don’t want them to win the marketing race. I want HiFi Rose to up its software game to equal its superb hardware build quality.

StandardModel

I have to say that is not only an intelligent, smart and polite reply on your part my friend! I wish there more of that in the forums and the reason why there are little of it it’s because it has become a kindergarden, kids out of control and no teacher.

I had an Aurender A 100 which I have to sell and these 3 Denafrips gear, Iris, Pontus 2 and the Terra ddc. Much better Chinese gear than most chifi you see online.

The second picture is my current gear consisting of Wyetech Labs Jade 2.1 tube preamp and the monoblocks are Wyetech Labs Ruby XR300B with Hifirose rs130 and a Weiss 204 Dac. I suffer of »severe upgraitis » I am receiving this Thursday my new hifirose rsa720 digital usb box. Can’t wait to hear the difference. That’s why I think that companies like Hifirose is not part of the chifi rat race for another product.

You make a valid point about some of the behaviour on here recently, but I completely agree with @StandardModel on this. The Rose hardware and overall concept is excellent, as is the sound quality. The software unfortunately isn’t. On the plus side it’s pretty robust and doesn’t crash but on the negative side it’s very inflexible, and lacking in features and, even more importantly, long standing bugs are not addressed. Two examples:

• Neither Rose nor Jplay offered the option to list artists by AlbumArtist rather than Artist, resulting in lists with hundreds of artists. I raised this with Rose last year and there’s been no reaction. I raised it with JPlay earlier this month, got a positive reaction and it was included in the next update a couple of weeks later.
  • The Rose iPad player doesn’t handle multi-disk sets correctly, playing the first track of each disk then the second etc. I raised this on this forum and was told it would be fixed as soon as possible. I then find it’s a long standing bug and it still hasn’t been addressed. It should never have got out of internal testing with a bug like this.
    I almost get the impression that the software was developed without looking at how people actually use music players
1 Like

Good morning Guys! Everyone makes a valid point in life and I respect that truthfully BUT when you buy gear it comes with it’s problems! Any gear has that! So I bought my gear for the sound and the screen which is the best for this price range and more BUT I find that most of the members that complain about something is never about the screen or the sound so that makes me understand that they complain about the options like the software that has all those options. Maybe Hifirose thinks that they have the best screen and sound and the rest will be dealt eventually because the sound is what matters! Yeah let’s start a ‘’ soundmatters’’ movement instead because that’s what sells… Sound!

I typed here several functions which did not work or did not exist.

• Search with/without diacritics é à è does work for me now (latin language group?). Yet i do not know how perfect it does.
  • Ultra slow DB rescan is much improved
  • CD Albums with more than 1 disk/vinyl AB are labeled now by CD1, CD2 and grouped in 1 album
  • Several album pictures tagged (front, back, media label, artist, recording location…) are now working and are selectable in the Android app instead of only one picture

So it is not that bad even though i am still waiting for further improvements to handle FLAC files, Tags, Search and more DB fields…

Only in the Android remote unfortunately, not the iPad/iPhone version.