USB DAC disconnect issue

Hello, I am having USB DAC disconnect issue occasionally of my RS130 (Latest firmware and software), the RS130 prompts cannot find the USB DAC when thing happens…

In that case, I have to totally disconnect and reconnect the power and USB cable from my both RS130 and DAC side in order to make it work again, I have no issue before using my computer and the same USB cable to connect my same old DAC. Not sure if this is the software or hardware issue of RS130. Wondering if the same is reported?

Many thanks.

I have my RS130 for more than a month now. It never have has the issue until today. I have the exactly same issue as yours and resolved the issue by the same process.

Now, my RS130 has the same issue as “could not find a USB DAC” and I could not reconnect to USB DAC by following the same procedures as I did before.

I did Factory Reset and still could not connect to a USB DAC.

Have you disconnect and reconnect the power cord on both side as well?

This is how I ultimately resolve this, but the issue could happen over time randomly…

Yes, I tried disconnecting everything on both RS130 and my DAC as well. RS130 can not find the USB connection.

1 Like

@Yu3319 @deckard

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Please check a few things.

1. Does the same problem occur if you connect the ground port on the rear of the RS130 to the ground port of the external DAC?
  2. Did you connect the DAC to the “AUDIO USB” port on the rear of the RS130?
    If so, does it work normally when connected to other ports?
  3. What model of USB cable are you using?
    How long is the USB cable?
    If the USB cable is too long, the connection may fail.

Thank you

Hello @ROSEHAN

1. What do you mean by ground port? AES? I only have USB-A to USB-B cable, I don’t have another option to connect to the DAC…
  2. Yes, I use Audio USB port only.
  3. I am using Gutwire USBe-1, which is 1m long…
    Thanks alot!

@deckard

1. There is a port labeled GND on the rear of the RS130. Connect RS130dp GND and DAC GND.
  2. Check if the DAC is not recognized when connected to a USB port other than the Audio out USB port.

Thank you

@ROSEHAN

1. I haven’t used the GND port so far, so you mean I need to connect the RS130 and my DAC together with the GND port? However, my DAC does not has the GND port…
  2. Will try this soon. But expect that the DAC should not be recognized if not connect to the Audio USB port, correct?

I removed my USB cable from USB DAC, connected to USB 3.0, then, removed from USB 3.0, and reconnected to USB DAC, RS130 connects to the DAC.

So far the problem is resolved.

Hello @ROSEHAN

My RS130 is also working fine right now since the issue happened few days ago and resolve this by disconnecting everything from both my DAC and RS130 and reconnect them…

As mentioned the issue happens randomly but requires some wried method to resolve this, do you have the insight from technical/engineer or R&D team on the issue? Thanks alot!

@ROSEHAN ,

RS130 lost DAC connection again today, I tried many times (by disconnecting everything on both DAC and RS130), still coupled not resolve the issue. I tried to Manufacture Rest, It could not pass 7%.(Stopped at 7% forever).

No Outputs can be selected on the screen! I have both USB and RCA digital connect to RS130.

Thanks!

@ROSEHAN

@Yu3319

Please check a few things.

1. Does the same symptom appear even if the RS130 is connected to a USB port other than the Audio out USB port?
  2. What model of DAC are you using? Is your DAC a Macintosh? Currently, RS130 is not compatible with Macintosh DAC.
  3. Does the same symptom appear even after factory resetting the RS130?
  4. Is the RS130 unable to recognize the DAC even if a different USB cable is used?
    How long is your USB cable you are using?

Hi Rosehan,

Thanks for all your help!

I have tried both USB audio and USB 3.0 connections by using two different USB cables ( wireworld 1.5 Meter long). They don’t make any difference. (no DAC was detected).

My DAC is Gustard A26. With DAC connected to both USB and RCA, No DAC was detected by RS130. I can not change outputs, the only choice is HDMI output ( can not even disable the HDMI Output). When perform the manufacture reset, there is no difference and no DAC was detected and I can not change the ouput.

With everything were disconnected (only power cable was connected) when I did a manufacture reset, the DAC was detected and I could change the output to anything that I Want.

By the way, I have a Master Clock connect to RS130.

If I use RS130 internal clock, I feel that the DAC will be connected and stay connected to RS130; when change to external Clock on RS 130, Rs130 will lose the the DAC connection ( RS130 will not detected the DAC).

Once again, thanks for your help!

Hi @Yu3319 does your issue resolved? Turn out it caused by the external clock? Thanks!

Hi @deckard :

I believe that the issue was resolved by connecting a ground wire between RS130 and my Ethernet Switch ( my DAC does not have ground connection and my switch does). Now I can change inputs and outputs without any issues since last night.

Now I need to find out which clock is better: RS130 vs LHY OCK 2.

So far, I believe that RS130’s clock is better than LHY OCK 2. I need to play a little more to make final decisions.

Thanks @Yu3319 , may I learn more what do you mean by connecting grounding wire between rs130 and switch?

So far I just use grounding box with rs130 alone because both my switch and dac does not have ground port…

That is the question I have also posted. Is a grounding box beneficial to the sound of the 130?