USB link doesn’t work with my dac

Hi,

Since 2 years i was very happy with my RS250.

Then i’ve upgraded by a brand new RS130.

A very nice device who sounds very weel.

But impossible to Connect it by USB with my Accuphase DP430 CD player/dac.

It was working very well with my RS250.
Doesn’t work with the 130 who say: « no dac found »

If I go back to the 250 it works again.
I have tried everything, tested 3 différent usb cables, the 130 doesn’t link or recognize the dp430.

Is there a solution?
Because I like my RS130 and I don’t want to send it back to the dealer

Sincerely yours

I forgot:
if I Connect usb by one of the two USB 3.0 entry, the dac and the Rose connect instantly.

And by the audio usb dac output: nothing happens!!!

Please Rose give me a way to solve this

Hello Rose’s team,

Would you like to answer if it exists a solution by uptade for this USB problem?

(I remind that Steve Huff has the same problem with his Daniel Hertz Maria, cf his review of the RS130)

My shop tried all their different Accuphase CD players/dac (DP570, DP450, DC1000), and it works.

It’s very weird that USB doesn’t work with my DP430 at home, while it’s works perfectly with my RS250…

@Boddhidarma

1. Does the same problem occur if you connect the ground port on the rear of the RS130 to the ground port of the external DAC?
  2. Did you connect the DAC to the “AUDIO USB” port on the rear of the RS130?
    If so, does it work normally when connected to other ports?
  3. What model of USB cable are you using?
    How long is the USB cable?
    If the USB cable is too long, the connection may fail.

Thanks for your answer.
I tried eveything!!!

1. my dac doesn’t have a ground port. I just tried ground port of 130 with ground port of my amp: no success

2. yes i have connected the dac to the audio 2.0 usb port: nothing no dac found.
    If I connect the dac on one of the two usb 3.0 port → it works: dac is instantly reconized!

I tried to switch on switch off both 130 and dac, 130 factory reset,…

1. i tried 3 different cables, each 0.75 or 1m long: an Xtrimus, a Wireworld, and a basic usb cable: no success

@Boddhidarma

The USB output part of the RS130 is different, but the Audio USB port of the RS130 has galvanic isolation, so it supports accurate digital output without noise.

1. The port is very sensitive, so please check if connecting a different USB cable will resolve the issue.
  2. The problem can be solved by connecting the ground port on the rear of the RS130 and the ground port of the external DAC (chassis GND if there is no ground port) with a wire to eliminate the reference potential difference that may occur between the RS130 and the DAC.

I just try again another cable, and try the ground connection with a wire but it doesn’t work.

CAN you please précise Howard to make a ground connection if there is no ground port on my dac?

Thanks for your answer

@Boddhidarma

If you connect your DAC and RS130 to the Audio USB port, you must connect the cable to the ground port to maintain a constant reference potential difference that may occur between RS130 and DAC. If the DAC you are using does not have a ground port, it may be difficult to use. The difference between an audio USB port and other USB ports is whether there is an isolator or not. There is no problem at all if you connect the DAC to a different USB port.

Thanks a lot Rosehan for your Answer.

I have solved the problem by puting an IFI USB Purifier 3 before the dac, and it’s work perfectly.

The dac is instantly reconized by the 130, and the sound is just fabulous

@ROSEHAN

I have new 130 and same USB AUDIO OUT problem, doesn’t recognize my DAC. It initially worked then didn’t. I reset the unit and it worked then didn’t. I added the ifi Purifier and magically it worked again until it doesn’t now. I replaced a Auralic G2.1 streamer with this unit and never had an issue with the galvanic USB out connecting to whatever DAC I was using. I hope Rose is working to fix this issue. . Please advice. . Thank you

Sorry for you that this problem is happening.

For me the IFI Purifier 3 solved this bug and I didn’t have any issue since I put it.

At first I was hoping for a sofware update, then Rose only spoked about the ground port link to do, and to be careful of the usb cable.

It’s strange that it worked with the Purifier, then not.

Did you tried another usb cable, not too long?

You can also use one of the two usb 3.0 port it should work

@ROSEHAN

It’s very disappointing and sure other units are experiencing this same issue. The earlier explanations from Rose do not make sense, all the grounding mumbo jumbo or the cable I’m using. It’s worked, albeit intermittently, so I believe it’s a bug that needs to be nailed down. All the previous models didn’t appear to have this issue. Look forward to hearing from ROSEHAN. . . Thanks!

Rose says that the 2.0 USB output of the RS130 is different of the previous RS models usb output.

The 130 2.0 USB output has a galvanic isolation that previous models do not have.

That’s why…

But i agree it should work, and i hope that Rose will solve this issue, if it’s possible

1 Like

Thx for the support my friend! One would expect the galvanic USB port to work with our DACS, I know the competitions galvanic USB ports do work and it would behoove Rose to figure that out sooner than later. . All the best wishes in 2024!

@ROSEHAN @ROSELOA

Can someone from Rose please respond to me about this issue, the RS 130 Audio Out not recognizing my DAC intermittently? Thank you

I am having the same issue between my Rose RS130 and DAC. When configured for USB output, it plays Apple Music but not Qobuz.

@Kievhanover

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

As I mentioned above, the Audio USB port on the rear of the RS130 is a very sensitive port with galvanic isolation. It seems that the audio USB port compatibility between your DAC and RS130 does not match. Depending on your cable, the problem may be resolved. And the problem can be solved by connecting the ground port on the rear of the RS130 and the ground port of the external DAC (chassis GND if there is no ground port) with a wire to eliminate the reference potential difference that may occur between the RS130 and the DAC.

@Ramluro

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

This problem appears to be different from the problem above.
Please check whether RS130–>RoseStore–>Qobuz app is updated to the latest version.

If the problem is not resolved even with the latest version, log out of your Qobuz account and log in again.

I have updated the apps on the RS130. I am running Qobuz version 4.15.12.8. I logged out and logged in again. When connected to the DAC using a USB cable, the RS130 plays Apple Music and RoseTube, but does not play Qobuz. My Amp/DAC does not have a ground connection, so I am not sure what to do to resolve this issue.

Thank you for response. It doesn’t appear the problem is grounding or usb cables but more somewhat a glitch with the RS 130 that your engineering needs to look further into. When I first set the unit up it had no issues recognizing my Aavik D 580 DAC and worked perfectly. When I explored the other outputs USB 3 and Coaxial, that’s when I lost connection with the USB 2 connection. I then bought a IFI USB Purifier 3 as recommended by @Boddhidarma and it worked perfectly only for a couple days. Now it works intermittently when I do a power reset on the unit. As the USB 2 Out gives my system the best sound performance, I need to know Rose is looking further into resolving this issue with other resolutions then what’s been stated in this thread. Look forward to your response!

1 Like