Warning - Do not use DB-Rescan, lasts forever!

Hello,

I apologize for late reply.
We are doing some tests internally, but as you know, it takes long time to test DB scan.
I will let you know again when the test is completed.

@ROSELOA Thank you for reply. If you need more information or some more validation on my setup please ask.

Just to add a data point, rescanning my modest, 400ish album, library took over an hour. Doing the same with LMS takes around a minute. The implication being this isn’t a database size issue.

1 Like

@the_bat The library size is not the problem, it is the rescan logic of Hifi Rose. A first scan on my 4TB / around 80k Files music library has a constant duration of 3h. But rescan on the same music library (and same data) never ends.

Understood. I was just supplying additional data to show that even on a fairly small library it took an excessively long time. It was taking about ten seconds per track to scan my library, which I think would imply it would take around ten days to rescan yours!

Hello,

Seems like there’s problem with rescan - it’s not never ending, but its rescan speed is much much more slower than initial scan. Software team is checking details about this.

@ROSELOA Thanx for the update. Is this new to the actual release version?

As a quick fix you can simulate a new scan (DB init, DB scan), this will improve the rescan massively (3h in my case). You will loose all stored history data, but that’s less critical than endless rescan duration.

@ROSELOA „Hello, I apologize for late reply. We are doing some tests internally, but as you know, it takes long time to test DB scan. I will let you know again when the test is completed.“

Your tests last now for 11 days, this seems like a really endless re-scan. Do you have any perceptions out of the ongoing tests?

And please think about my advice to eliminate this crazy dangerous re-scan with a full-scan (DB init, DB-Scan) until you fixed this re-scan problem.

@ROSELOA Any updates?

@ROSELOA Your started your tests 28 days ago. May I ask if you have any findings? Just a little slice of hope that there is a chance of improvements in the future?

2 Likes

I admire your endurance in this matter. I gave up a year ago.

1 Like

Sorry to tell you but Sony with far more slower player the HAP-Z1ES had much better method of creating database in the internal drive and the transfering speeds was a little bit slower than yours. And all that 10-11 years ago and with the half the price. My ROSE 130 costs almost 5k euros it’s a sounding masterpiece and has from the software side of things a lot problems and bugs. Maybe the problem is your software team

1 Like

@ROSELOA Your started your tests 30 days ago. May I ask if you have any findings? Just a little slice of hope that there is a chance of improvements in the future?

@ROSELOA Your started your tests 31 days ago. May I ask if you have any findings? Just a little slice of hope that there is a chance of improvements in the future?

@ROSELOA Your started your tests 32 days ago. May I ask if you have any findings? Just a little slice of hope that there is a chance of improvements in the future?

1 Like

I am sure that whining “are we there yet?” every day, including weekends, will get you far!

Constant dropping wears the stone…

@ROSELOA @ROSEHAN

This will be my last post regarding asking ROSE staff.

I understand that you are (too) less people to support all the asked questions, but if you start to try to help you have to stick with it and not to become invisible because it’s getting unpleasant when having no answer or solution.

@BorisM Did you see this announcement of ROSE?

I did. Somehow, I do not think it is due to a dozen “are we there yet?” messages, rather due to them finally getting around to something that was well known over a year ago.