Why I sold my HifiRose -*- Pourquoi j'ai revendu mon HifiRose

If I sold my Rose, it’s not because the sound is bad. it’s very very good. This is the main.

Here are (in a mess) my disappointments and wishes
Some wishes have been granted, which shows the caring generosity of the hifirose team

In French we say “gaz factory” to express the complexity of something. The ergonomics of HifiRose is a “gaz factory”.

When I turn on the Rose, I would like to find the same thing as when it was turned off. If I was listening to my radio station, I would like to hear it when I turn on.

I would find it interesting to be able to configure the level meters in permanent (for those who use the android or PC app and not the touch screen).

Very very long internal SSD scan (my Lumin or J.River PC: less than 1 minute). Rose: several days!!!

No Tunein allowing you to find your radio station without having to enter the web links letter by letter.
My rose is 30 cm from the ground, I have to lie down and I am ridiculous (I make everyone laugh). And with my big finger, I often have to start over many times. It would be easier to do it from your computer with Rose-connect :wink:

No cd covers on web radio (like live on the net).

Entry control by viewing the rear panel is not understood by neophytes (I think to my wife and children). It would simple by numbers. Line1, line2 … or be able to rename them DVD, CD …)

Access by “artists” should be accessible on the front line. Not in submenu.

The list CD tracks must be under the covers. Personally, when I choose an artist, I would like to see the covers and click on them to get the list of songs.

I would like to resize the size of cd covers

You should be able to configure what you want to see and hide the rest. Let everyone be free.

The configuration via the Rose screen is tedious. It should be possible to access it from a computer with keyboard and screen.
The Rose-connect software does not allow this.

The internal SSD is not seen on my network or it is very very complicated to get there (and the sound of an external SSD in USB is worse than an internal one…)

The USB input is not connected to the volume. This is a big mistake. It must be considered as an entry like the others.
I want to be able to act with the app or the remote on the volume regardless of the input.
All other DAC brands do. input is not connected to the volume.

Using the Hifirose as a preamp (with the USB input) is impossible if you have power blocks. The sound is full (big surprise!) I had to put a USB to RCA converto to use the analog input of the rose. It’s a bit silly isn’t it!?

Si j’ai revendu mon HifiRose, ce n’est pas à cause du son qui est très très bon. C’est le principal.
Voici dans le désordre, mes déceptions et mes souhaits.
Certains souhaits ont été réalisés, ce qui montre la générosité attentive de l’équipe HifiRose

En français on dit “usine à gaz” pour exprimer la complexité de quelque chose. L’ergonomie de HifiRose est une “usine à gaz”.

Quand j’allume la Rose, j’aimerais retrouver la même chose que lorsqu’elle était éteinte. Si j’écoutais ma radio, j’aimerais l’entendre quand je l’allume.

Je trouverais intéressant de pouvoir configurer les indicateurs de niveau en permanent (pour ceux qui utilisent l’appli android ou PC et non l’écran tactile).

Scan SSD interne très très long (mon PC Lumin ou J.River : moins d’1 minute). Rose : plusieurs jours !!!

No Tunein vous permettant de retrouver votre radio sans avoir à saisir lettre par lettre les liens web.
Ma rose est à 30 cm du sol, je dois m’allonger et je suis ridicule (je fais rire tout le monde). Et avec mon gros doigt, je dois souvent recommencer plusieurs fois. Ce serait plus simple de le faire depuis son ordinateur avec Rose-connect :wink:

Pas de pochettes de cd sur les radios web (comme en direct sur le net).

Le contrôle d’entrée par la visualisation du panneau arrière n’est pas compris par les néophytes (je pense à ma femme et mes enfants). Ce serait simple par chiffres. Line1, line2… ou pouvoir les renommer DVD, CD…)

L’accès des “artistes” doit être accessible en première ligne. Pas dans le sous-menu.

La liste des pistes du CD doit se trouver sous les pochettes. Personnellement, quand je choisis un artiste, j’aimerais voir les pochettes et cliquer dessus pour avoir la liste des chansons.

Je souhaite redimensionner la taille des pochettes de CD

Vous devriez pouvoir configurer ce que vous voulez voir et masquer le reste. Que chacun soit libre.

La configuration via l’écran Rose est fastidieuse. Il doit être possible d’y accéder depuis un ordinateur avec clavier et écran. Le logiciel Rose-connect ne le permet pas.

Le SSD interne ne se voit pas sur mon réseau ou c’est très très compliqué d’y arriver (et le son d’un SSD externe en USB est moins bon qu’un interne…)

L’entrée USB n’est pas connectée au volume. C’est une grosse erreur. Elle doit être considérée comme une entrée comme les autres.
Je veux pouvoir agir avec l’appli ou la télécommande sur le volume quelle que soit l’entrée.
Toutes les autres marques de DAC le font. l’entrée n’est pas connectée au volume.

L’utilisation du Hifirose en préampli (avec l’entrée USB) est impossible si vous avez des blocs de puissance. Le son est à fond (grosse surprise !)
J’ai du mettre un converto USB vers RCA pour utiliser l’entrée analogique du rose. C’est un peu idiot non !?

5 Likes

J’adore le vinaigre dans le riz des sushis.

Par contre, je ne vous connais pas et je ne vous permets pas de me juger.

Vous vous prenez pour qui pour me regarder de haut ?

Mon avis sur le HifiRose est constructif et pertinent.

Vous avez le droit de ne pas être d’accord. Mais pas d’insulter les gens.

Je vous aime quand même

1 Like

Vous avez tout à fait raison. Je tiens mon 150 pour le moment parce que le son me convient très bien. Mais c’est vrai, la dénomination usine à gaz est tout à fait d’application. Il faut absolument rendre le hifiroze plus convivial. Et surtout, le scanning doit se faire beaucoup plus rapidement.

I see that there are people who can read. :star_struck:
Thank you. :slightly_smiling_face:
Me too, I find the sound excellent, and that’s the first thing I say before making an inventory of youth defects.
This device will be an essential link at its maturity

Je vois qu’il y a des gens qui savent lire. Merci.
Moi aussi je trouve le son excellent, et c’est la première chose que je dis avant de faire un état des lieux des défauts de jeunesse.
Ce lecteur-réseau-Dac sera (à sa maturité) un maillon essentiel dans une chaine Hifi .

Mais quel usine à gaz, Putin a coupé le gaz :rofl:
oui vous avez raison. Le logiciel est tres mal foutu.

Here’s a good mood message to start 2023!!!

Ce billet de bonne humeur est un bon signe de santé mentale pour la nouvelle année :star_struck:

1 Like

Je viens d’acheter un rs520 c’est vrai que c’est pas évident en terme d’ergonomie… juste pour changer de source pour passer sur la télé c’est un bordel…
C’est quand même dingue a un prix pareil !

Un jour, quelqu’un ma expliqué comment faire pour voir les accents dans les titres. J’ai oublié comment. Est ce que quelqu’un pourrait me l’expliquer de nouveau svp?

My father in law always says, develop something, show it to your mother and if she gets it you did a good job. Else go back to the drawingbord. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

When I turn on the Rose, I would like to find the same thing as when it was turned off. If I was listening to my radio station, I would like to hear it when I turn on.
Okay, that would be good, but it’s not that important to me

I would find it interesting to be able to configure the level meters in permanent (for those who use the android or PC app and not the touch screen).
I don’t use

Very very long internal SSD scan (my Lumin or J.River PC: less than 1 minute). Rose: several days!!!
Strange, takes me <1min. (200 discs)

No Tunein allowing you to find your radio station without having to enter the web links letter by letter.
My rose is 30 cm from the ground, I have to lie down and I am ridiculous (I make everyone laugh). And with my big finger, I often have to start over many times. It would be easier to do it from your computer with Rose-connect :wink:
I don’t use

No cd covers on web radio (like live on the net).
I see the covers, delivered as a metafile by the radio station

Entry control by viewing the rear panel is not understood by neophytes (I think to my wife and children). It would simple by numbers. Line1, line2 … or be able to rename them DVD, CD …)
I don’t understand

Access by “artists” should be accessible on the front line. Not in submenu.
That would be better, yes.

The list CD tracks must be under the covers. Personally, when I choose an artist, I would like to see the covers and click on them to get the list of songs.
I don’t understand, I see the songs in the list

I would like to resize the size of cd covers
Does that really matter?

You should be able to configure what you want to see and hide the rest. Let everyone be free.
In principle you are right

The configuration via the Rose screen is tedious. It should be possible to access it from a computer with keyboard and screen.
The Rose-connect software does not allow this.
Normally you do the configuration only once. I don’t think that’s a bad thing

The internal SSD is not seen on my network or it is very very complicated to get there (and the sound of an external SSD in USB is worse than an internal one…)
I see the SSD on the network without any problems, I have Windows 10

The USB input is not connected to the volume. This is a big mistake. It must be considered as an entry like the others.
I want to be able to act with the app or the remote on the volume regardless of the input.
All other DAC brands do. input is not connected to the volume.
I can’t judge, I don’t use this function

Using the Hifirose as a preamp (with the USB input) is impossible if you have power blocks. The sound is full (big surprise!) I had to put a USB to RCA converto to use the analog input of the rose. It’s a bit silly isn’t it!?
Works perfectly for me, haven’t encountered any problems

Here comes my bugs and lack of support:

• No Tidal connect (just only limited RoseTidal app)
  • No Spotify app (just only Spotify connect)
  • Unstable work over WiFi connection
  • Changing source only to play from analog output to e.g. headphones stops the song playing and reset it to play from the beginning
  • VU mode starts always from yellow color (you can’t choose your favorite)
  • Issues to connect to NAS server over SMB protocol, only allowed SMB1 (un-secure connection)
  • Tidal is giving possibility by touching screen to navigate songs: next, previous, scroll, etc. Spotify doesn’t give any options to navigate over the screen, only over app is possible (because it’s only Spotify connect)
  • Issues to play next song from e.g. Tidal list (only possible via “play all” from the beginning - you can’t start from selected song)
  • I don;t understood why Rose switch apps during playing songs… (probably my my mistake and ergonomic of software usage, actually it doesn’t exists)
  • During using AirPlay there are short gaps even close to the rose box
  • Sometimes Rose application doesn’t respond to change song
  • No Chromecast on Android system!!! Ridiculous isn’t? :smiley:
  • Too much k-pop and other korean music on my profile added automatically ad-hoc by Rose OS…
  • Radio doesn’t find all stations in my country (Poland)
  • Selected and limited locations in weather add-on
  • No Plex support for PlexAmp

That’s all after only the first day of testing this streamer…