How to modify tags

Hello,
I’m a ROSE RS250 owner.
I transferred my music library on a hard drive connected to the ROSE RS250.
Previously I had a music library on JRiver software.
I had spent a lot of time creating tags correctly with Jriver soft.
I use rose connect premium but when the ROSE created the music database I lost a lot of tags on the records of the albums.
There is now a lot of albums on the ROSE database that have no tag or wrong tag
I would like to change the tags of the music albums.
how do you change the tag of an full album and how do you change the tags of a piece of music of an album ?
thank you for your answer
Regards
Pascal

Hello,

You can edit only the album name when editing the metadata for each album.
(It is assumed that media scan has been performed, RS250 > Music > Setup > Media Library > DB Scan)

RoseConnectPremium APP > Music > Album > Select Album > 3 dots menu > MetaInfo > Modify

To change metainfo of each song, touch the 3 dots next to each song and select metainfo.

Also, can you send me few music files? We will check them.

Best Regards,

Dear Team,
as a brand-new owner of the 250A I just started ripping my nearly 1000 CDs.
I experienced lots of albums not been recognized. So I have to modify them all.
Unfortunately by now this is only possible on the 250A Screen, not via the Rose-Connect App on my MAC nor on my iPhone. The TAB “Meta Info” is not available after clicking the 3 Dots Menu.
How can I solve this?
Regards, Marco

it’s easier to update tags from a computer and software like Mp3tag

Many thanks Eric,
unfortunately I´m still not able to connect my Mac to the Rose via SMB …
And t.b.h. I would highly appreciate some feedback from the Rose-Team to clarify, why there is no Tab “Meta Info” on my APP-Screen as shown above.
Thanks & regards
Marco

Using the WebDAV option here, someone informed me after I couldn’t figure out SMB it even syncs from storage automatically.

For metadata I use Autotagger I prefer its interface. I don’t even tag automatically!

Some useful links:

Synology NAS and no Rose DLNA client workaround (Feb 2023)

How to copy from NAS to Internal Rose SSD via WebDav

Using MacOS WebDav to access your ROSE streamer

Using Windows PC WebDav to access your ROSE streamer

I use “Foobar2000” on MacOS or “Media Monkey” on Windows PC to modify any metadata tags if required.

1 Like

have you watched this video?

Yes Ericd, I watched it and did everything as described.
Today finally it works. I don’t know why. I repeated every step day after day and suddenly there was the shared folder. Probably it was a problem with my MAC because I had to restart it several times. Maybe it was just a problem of not enough patience
Finally I´m happy.
Many thanks Ericd and also Warlord and JOHNxxEIRE for your hints.

1 Like

Hello Ericd,
thanks for recommending Mp3tag. I tried it and it seemed rather easy to use, I was able to modify tags, find cover art ect. of the ripped AIFF files (I couldn’t rip the cds as FLAC). When I played the files with Apple Music on the MacBook, all data was shown correctly.
However, when I moved (rather copied) the modified files to the Rose SSD, all medatata was lost again. Do you have any advice on how to get the files correctly from MacBook to the Rose SSD? Or is AIFF the wrong format to use?
Thanks a lot!

Hello Marco,
have you thought about rescanning the database after copying the new files ?

the database is not automatically scanned to check changes made to files.

Hi Ericd, I did rescan the database, but still the medatada didn’t appear.