[Official] SW Ver 5.11 (Rose OS 5.11.03) Software Release

Hallo, mir wurde dieses Update auch auf dem Bildschirm angezeigt. Statt auf abbrechen bin ich auf ok gekommen. Wie lange dauert dieses Update? Zur Zeit läuft immer noch das Rose Zeichen. Seit 30 min ca. passiert gar nichts mehr. Soll ich ausschalten?

I had an issue where the initial update got stuck, powered off the unit to reset, and it found the downloaded firmware and then asked if I wanted to install it. I did and it worked after that.

This was on the RS520…

Ich hatte ein Problem, bei dem das erste Update stecken blieb, das Gerät zum Zurücksetzen ausschaltete, und es fand die heruntergeladene Firmware und fragte dann, ob ich es installieren wollte. Ich tat es und es funktionierte danach.

Das war auf dem RS520…

I think the issue w the VU meters is how its implemented.

It appears to be measuring from the source and not on the output signal.
I did a test from the toslink in… where I set the volume on my PC to low and then used the volume on the amp to control the volume… The VU meters showed low signal. I then flipped it where I had the volume on my PC high, and then lowered the volume on the RS520 so that the VU meters showed more movement. When I played w the PC volume it changed the VU meter sensitivity.

Not sure how they will fix it… but who knows?

1 Like

@Rose250A
Hello.
​If it is still not booting up normally, please reconnect the power cable at the back, try the update again, and reply with the results.

@Rose_love:

I pressed the off switch longer after 40 minutes. The device has switched off completely.

After switching on, the Rose started normally. Display App updates are to be installed.

After that, he ran without mistakes. Android App,

Windows Rose Connect app was delayed. I uninstalled both apps and then reinstalled them.

Both apps seem to run more smoothly. There were no further checks from my side. The rose is running again. I could not yet see any improvements.

Until next time, thank you for your questions.

Greetings from Germany, MV

Dear reader,

I can’t update my rs150b.
Netwerk;
Wifi is ok
Lan is ok

Factory reset, done

Current firmware is 5,9
I get the update screen, i accept it. It says 68x mb

It give the message “Err connection”

Is there a another way to update the firmware?
Now i can only play from usb harddisk.

Thank you for support.

Regards
Richard

Edit; 16:03hr
Strange but for 8th time i try to update. I can update…
And everything works fine

@Blackmax

Thank you for the update.

We are glad to hear that the software update was successfully completed and that your RS150B is now working properly.

We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during the update process.

If you experience the same issue again or encounter any other problems, please let us know.

Thank you for using HiFi ROSE.

Since I updated my RS520 to Rose OS 5.11.03, I have had a problem when, after activating “ Standby”, via either Rose One, Rose Connect Premium, the supplied Rose Remote Control or the unit itself , the 520 shuts down completely.

When trying to restart via either RoseOne or Rose Connect Premium the following message appears-

I would stress that the issue I have described does not happen on every occasion I shut down but the problem has occurred at least once every two days since the update.

The 520 is connected to the internet via Ethernet cable and all apps etc. are using the same, stable network.

The only way to power up the RS520 is via the unit itself ( as you would do after a normal shut down ).

To fix it I have tried the following but without success -

  1. Rebooting
  2. Factory Reset
  3. Unplugging the power cable for a few hours
  4. Unplugging the power cable and every other cable from the RS520 for a few hours.
  5. Deleting and reinstalling Rose One and Rose Connect Premium

Any suggestions as to what is causing the problem and what the solution might be would be most welcome.

Check you wifi or Ethernet. Happen to me

@Mrkiss

Thanks for your response. Much appreciated.

I have checked WiFi and Ethernet and, to the best of my knowledge, everything seems to be running fine.

What did you discover when you checked yours and how did you solve the problem ?

I turned of the router. Restart and unplugged the Ethernet plug from the back of the unit. Let it do its stuff. And worked. Check all the cat cables or try another. Mines plugged in not wifi.

@Mrkiss

I did what you suggested ( turned off router, replaced Ethernet cable, switched router back on again) and so far I have not had a recurrence of the problem.

I will let you know if there is any change but, in the meantime, my sincere thanks to you.

2 Likes

Thank you for the update.

We are glad to hear that the issue has not occurred again so far after restarting your router and replacing the Ethernet cable.

Since you mentioned that the issue was intermittent, please continue using your RS520 and monitor whether the same problem occurs again.

If the issue returns, especially if the RS520 completely shuts down when you select Standby, please let us know. Any additional details about the circumstances when it occurs would be helpful for further investigation.

We would also like to thank @Mrkiss for sharing the troubleshooting suggestion.

Thank you for using HiFi ROSE.

@Rose_love @ROSEHAN
Hello,

There’s a new feature I’ve been waiting for for a while, and it’s really handy:

Maximum volume

Startup volume

While the maximum volume works, the startup volume doesn’t—unless it does work, but only when you turn on the device, not when it wakes up from standby.

In that case, it’s completely useless. The point of this feature was to have a startup volume that sets the volume to the default after using, for example, the RCA input connected to a home theater amplifier, where the volume for that input is set to 80.

The problem is that if you later forget the volume is set to 80 and play music, you risk blowing out the speakers.

Since the RS151 doesn’t have a Home Theater BYPASS function that would bypass the preamp section, I thought having the volume set at startup would be a safety measure, but that’s not the case—when the device is turned on from standby mode, it retains the last volume setting used.

How can a feature requested by so many people only work when the device is actually turned off and then back on?

This should be fixed so that the startup volume applies when coming out of standby and after a complete shutdown.

It shouldn’t be too difficult to fix this issue; otherwise, it would be better to remove it altogether, since this feature is useless in its current state.

Thank you.

3 Likes

I have to hand it to you folks who feed your power amps directly with the Rose. I wouldn’t do it in a million years, but that’s me.

1 Like

What’s the point of buying an RS151 if you’re not going to use the preamp section?

Yet another comment that serves absolutely no purpose…

Ummm, you plug its output into a preamp along with the rest of your source components perhaps? Look, you are the one afraid of blowing out his speakers, not me.

@Razmote

Thank you for your detailed feedback.

We understand your concern regarding the Startup Volume function, particularly when the RS151 is used as a preamplifier and a high volume level was previously set for an external input.

As you pointed out, the Startup Volume setting currently applies when the device is powered on after a complete shutdown, while waking the device from Standby may retain the previously used volume level.

We understand why you would also like the configured Startup Volume to be applied when waking the device from Standby, especially from a safety perspective.

We have forwarded your feedback and usage scenario to our software development team for review. They will review whether the Startup Volume behavior can be improved to also apply when waking from Standby.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and for providing a clear explanation of your use case.

Best regards,

ROSEHAN

If this problem cannot be resolved—or if eliminating it is impossible—then using the RS 151 as a preamplifier makes no sense; doing so risks damaging speakers that might cost more than the Rose RS 151 unit itself.
Furthermore, distributors worldwide should be aware of this issue with the RS 151 and inform potential customers of the risk of blowing out their speakers when the device is used as a preamplifier. This is a major blunder that absolutely must be fixed; people are paying for a device marketed as capable of functioning as a preamplifier, yet in reality, that claim is simply untrue.

1 Like

@Cougar2025

We fully understand your concern.

Currently, the Startup Volume is applied after a complete shutdown and power-on, while waking from Standby may retain the previously used volume level.

We have forwarded your concern regarding the possibility of a high volume level being retained to our software development team. They are reviewing whether the Startup Volume can also be applied when waking from Standby.

We will provide further information once we receive feedback from the development team.

Thank you for your understanding.