Pour info, apres update, les Vu-metres semblent un peu plus sensibles qu’avant, mais se remettent a fonctionner normalement sur mon RS130 si j’enleve l’upsampling PCM… quelqu’un peut confirmer ? C’est peut-être une piste pour ROSE ?
Aucune nouvelle de leur part
Zero issues for me on RS130 and RS520.
Came home from vacation today, turned on the RS130, and it prompted me to update. I installed it. The unit is now essentially unusable.
It worked for about an hour after the update. Then the music stopped mid-track and I haven’t been able to stream anything since.
Where it stands now:
- Tidal, Qobuz, RoseTube, internet radio — nothing plays. Streams start and die after a second or two.
- CDs play perfectly. So the DAC, the outputs, and the rest of my chain are fine.
- The unit holds a valid IP address the whole time.
- Rose Connect no longer sees the device. It opens as if the unit is on even when it’s off, so it isn’t reading the device’s status at all anymore.
- Six reboots and a cold power cycle. No change.
- Turned the new Cache option off, cold booted, no change. Turned it back on, no change.
One thing I want to flag specifically. Before this update, if the unit was off and I opened the app, the app knew it was off and offered to turn it on — and when I did, it connected instantly every time. That was the one thing that reliably worked. It’s gone now. I notice the release notes mention adjusting the check intervals for NSD, RemoteServer and SimpleRemoteServer. That’s the same layer that handles device status and discovery, so I suspect that’s related.
For context, I’ve been in the other thread about network drops since 5.11.03. I’m on Wi-Fi, roughly 50 devices on the same router, and every one of them works fine. Only the Rose has a problem.
I’ve enabled Remote Diagnostics, so please pull whatever logs you need.
What I’m asking for: how do I get back to a working state? If 5.11.02 can be made available I’d take it right now. I’d rather not factory reset before someone has looked at the logs, since that erases the evidence of what’s actually wrong. Please advise.
You’ve definitely checked everything on your RS 130—for instance, making sure the VU meters aren’t stuck at full deflection?
Because if everything is working correctly on your end, then Rose has an even bigger problem with this update than it seems.
You’ve definitely checked everything on your RS 130—for instance, making sure the VU meters aren’t stuck at full deflection?
Because if everything is working correctly on your end, then Rose has an even bigger problem with this update than it seems.
What a debacle!!! Ashamed
I am currently in 5.9.07 with the RS130. The following updates were very bad (RS130)
VU meters are stuck at full on my RS151. Ver. 5.11
Hello,
First, please provide your Rose ID and a detailed description of the issue to the email address below, and we will review it and get back to you: shim1691@citech.kr
Also, we kindly request you to check again, as there is no data stored on our log server.
You can send the logs to our server by going to Settings > System Info > Remote Diagnosis > Select Remote Diagnosis Connection. Please check this once more.
Thank you
Please tell us all: why, yet again, did you fail to test the software yourselves before releasing it to Rose device users? This is despite the fact that many users—myself included—had raised this issue.
How many more times must new software break the devices before Rose manages to release an update that is bug-free, ensuring users are actually happy after installing it?
How long must we keep asking for such basic measures to avoid this kind of embarrassment and shame in the future?
Hello Joe
I have remote diagnosis enabled on my RS151
The VU meter are stuck at full but for the rest i only use it with Roon and that works fine.
It seems that email addres you have sent me is not working.
shim1691@citeh.kr
Unrouteable address
Reporting-MTA: dns; csmtpq3-prd-nl1-vfz.edge.unified.services
Action: failed
Final-Recipient: rfc822;shim1691@citeh.kr
Status: 5.0.0
shim1691@citech.kr (citech)…
RS250
После обновления оптический вход перестал работать
(The optical input stopped working after the update.)
Update on my situation, and a heads up for anyone else running an RS130 into an external DAC.
After updating to 5.11.07 I couldn’t get any sound out of the unit at all. Tidal, Qobuz, RoseTube, internet radio — nothing. CDs played fine, so I knew my amp and speakers were good. My RD160 wasn’t even registering an incoming signal.
Turned out the update reset my audio output selection. I run the RS130 into the RD160 over SFP, and after the update that selection was gone. I went into Audio Settings and picked SFP again and everything came back immediately. Streaming, the app, all of it.
What made this hard to diagnose is that the unit looks like it’s working. The track loads, the counter runs, the bitrate is displayed, everything on screen says it’s playing. There’s just nothing coming out. If you’re feeding an external DAC and you got silence after this update, check your output setting before you assume something is broken.
This isn’t in the release notes, so I don’t think it was intentional. Would be worth adding a line to the update notice so people know to check it.
Separately — my original problem is still there. The RS130 still won’t reconnect to Wi-Fi on its own after a power cycle. That’s been happening since 5.11.03 and 5.11.07 didn’t address it. I’ve sent logs through Remote Diagnosis and emailed support, so that one is still open.
Another one on 5.11.07 — the VU meters on my RS130 are pinned hard right with almost no movement. They barely respond to the music at all.
I see someone reported the same thing on an RS151 earlier in this thread, so that’s two different models on the same build.
The audio itself sounds fine. I’m running SFP out to an RD160, and the dynamics are all there, so I think this is just a display problem rather than anything in the signal path. Doesn’t make it any less annoying to look at.
For reference: RS130, Rose OS 5.11.07, SFP output to an external DAC.
My VU meters are functioning the same as they always did. I’m watching them dance right now. I’ve really never considered the VU meters to be remotely accurate in the first place. They have always favor a higher
Reading.
Running Rose OS 5.11.07. I haven’t noticed anything else askew yet.
Dear HiFi Rose Support Team,
I am writing to urgently request the addition of a simple one-button rollback feature in the Rose OS system settings. Users must be able to easily revert to the previous, stable firmware version at the press of a button whenever an update causes issues.
Unfortunately, recent firmware updates have repeatedly introduced severe bugs that impair even the most basic functions of the device. It strongly appears that new software releases are not being properly tested for even core functionality prior to public release.
As customers investing in premium audio equipment, we expect a reliable and fully functional product. We do not want to serve as unprompted beta testers for buggy software updates.
Having a dependable downgrade option is absolutely essential so that users are not left with a compromised or unusable device after a flawed update.
Please forward this crucial feedback directly to your software development team.
Kind regards,
HiFi Rose Team.
THIS IS THE THIRD TIME I HAVE MADE THIS INQUIRY, AND I STILL HAVEN’T RECIEVED ANY RESPONSE WHATSOEVER.
My HiFi Rose RS151 running Rose OS version 5.9.08.1, where everything works perfectly and the audio quality is simply spectacular.
Before updating to the new version, I would appreciate it if someone from the HiFi Rose development team, or another person with the appropriate technical knowledge, could answer the following questions:
Have there been any changes to the DAC’s operation or performance, or to the audio quality?
Have there been any changes to the preamp output level settings?
Have there been any changes to the settings related to mV Unbalanced?
Have there been any changes to the input and output configuration?
Have there been any changes to the operation or behavior of the digital filters?
Is the Minimum Phase Slow Roll-off Filter still available for selection?
Is the actual analog output level via RCA and XLR exactly the same as in version 5.9.08.1?
Has the audio signal processing or playback path been changed, even if the DAC and filters remain the same?
Will my current settings be preserved after updating, or will any audio settings be reset to their default values?
Before installing the new version, I need you to answer my questions. T
hank you.
I would advise anyone who is upgrading to take note of the current settings and preferences before doing so. It seems like updating restores some settings to their factory defaults. Would be nice if the system software saved one’s settings but that seems to be a lot to ask at this point.
My sympathies to those having problems with this download.
I have had no noticeable difficulties after a smooth update to 5.11.07 on my RS151.
I checked the VU meters and they work as they should, no apparent changes to my filter or mV settings.
As I only play from an enclosed SSD; I can only state that it appears to perform as it did before the update.
Best of luck to all!