The gauges aren’t working properly—they bear no relation to the actual dynamics—but the main point is that, for you, they actually do work after the update; for some people, they got stuck at full deflection and are just sitting there like that.
Indeed, I was being kind when I said they work as they should…I should have said they move. 
I have the Rs151 and have actually found no problems in the short time. But couldn’t really test much either. I have not tested the Vu Meter. For me, the rosé ran through with Qobuz, ssd external and via hdmi without any problems. But I’ve been in another federal state for 2 days and can’t continue looking until next week Friday when I’m home. Sorry, my English is not that great.
As we have not received a response, I am quoting my questions once again and request an answer.
Please tell us all: why, yet again, did you fail to test the software yourselves before releasing it to Rose device users? This is despite the fact that many users—myself included—had raised this issue.
How many more times must new software break the devices before Rose manages to release an update that is bug-free, ensuring users are actually happy after installing it?
How long must we keep asking for such basic measures to avoid this kind of embarrassment and shame in the future?
An absolute disaster! It’s going from bad to worse; I have no intention of updating my RS151—my current software version makes it run like a fighter jet!
I suggest trying to go back to version ROSE 5.9.08 - ROSE MAIN 5.9.08.1 - ROSE SERVICE 5.9.08.1; it really gets the most out of the RS151.
For now, I won’t be installing either version 07 or 08 until everything is clarified.
Updated today with no issues and thank you for putting the album art back on screen behind the album cover as it used to be. It looks far better than the bland block of colour it changed to.
Please tell us all: why, yet again, did you fail to test the software yourselves before releasing it to Rose device users? This is despite the fact that many users—myself included—had raised this issue.
How many more times must new software break the devices before Rose manages to release an update that is bug-free, ensuring users are actually happy after installing it?
How long must we keep asking for such basic measures to avoid this kind of embarrassment and shame in the future?
Hi,
My RS150B has stopped connecting to Internet through WiFi after the update to this version.
Before this it was working absolutely fine.
Now it shows as WiFi connected (I’ve not changed my WiFi from before the update and other devices work fine with it), but there is no internet connectivity. On clicking the small globe icon nothing happens (normally it shows a message “Internet connected” once pressed).
Rosetube, Apple Music, Spotify etc are also not working.
Even search options are not showing and nor is the rose store loading.
I did a factory reset after trying other methods (dongle reconnection, WiFi network change etc). Now not only the devices doesn’t work, I’m also logged out of the system :(. App is also not getting connected.
I’m based in India.
Update: I further updated to 5.11.8 yesterday. Connected an Ethernet to RS150B, I can confirm now that even after the update, WiFi is not working. But now at least the unit is connected to internet via Ethernet and I was able to login and use all apps. But the WiFi connectivity still remains to be a problem.
Somebody, anybody please help me
Arrived home again today and my rs151 wanted a new update. Ran through without any problems. I tested the vu meter via ssd, Qobuz and via HDMI. Could find an abnormality. Music runs through, no problems. My fix output over 3000 mv has also remained as well as all other settings Fir Filter Minimum Phase Fast Roll of. This fir works best for me and my music genre
First of all, thank you for your hard work. It is very gratifying to see that you consider user needs and consistently provide updates. I would like to request a few visual updates from you; I hope this is possible. Thanks in advance.
** I frequently use my 150b device in USB DAC mode. Is there any chance you could add a nice screensaver—such as a landscape or a fireplace scene—that appears on the screen instead of just the clock when it switches to DAC mode?
** If this screensaver option could also be made available during normal use, it would add a unique ambiance to the device.
Hard work? To spoil us the updates certainly!!!
Rather than gadgets like screen savers, it would be good to make the devices functional!
Based on your inquiry, it appears that your current Wi-Fi network is unable to connect to the Rose server.
Please check if disabling the firewall settings on your router or connecting to a mobile hotspot on your smartphone resolves the issue
Hi,
I’ve tried connecting personal hotspot and other WiFi network (through a different router), but it’s not helping.
Wouldn’t you also like the player to order you a beer? I’m asking seriously… You realize that all the nonsense included in these players—things like weather, clocks, and multiple types of internet radio—makes the devices more problematic, and causes issues for Rose during subsequent updates.
Hello,
Please check the details below and send an email to shim1691@citech.kr.
We will reply after reviewing your information.
- Device ID (Settings > System Info > Device ID)
- Photo of the Wi-Fi dongle you are using
- When attempting to connect via Wi-Fi, does it show as connected, but all services (such as Radio, RoseTube, etc.) fail to work?
- Please follow the procedure below so we can check your LOG files: A. Confirm that services do not work after connecting to Wi-Fi. B. Connect via wired LAN again and confirm that services work normally. C. Go to Settings > System Settings > Remote Diagnosis (bottom menu) > Select ‘Create User Bundle’.
Hi there at HifiRose,
when will you release the hotfix firmware to fix the VU meter issues and all other reported bugs?
Thanks and nice regards
Jakob
Dear Hi-Fi Rose Support Team,
I am writing to follow up once again regarding the ongoing issue with the VU meters. The display needles continue to clip severely, rendering the VU meter feature entirely unusable during daily playback.
You previously assured me that a software/firmware update resolving this calibration issue would be released by the end of September. As September has now passed without a fix or functional update being provided, I am requesting an immediate status update on this matter.
Please provide answers to the following:
- Current Status: What is the exact release date for the corrected firmware regarding VU meter scaling?
- Hotfix Availability: Is there an estimated timeframe for a temporary patch or hotfix if the main update is delayed?
As a valued customer, I expect the visual user interfaces of a high-end audio component to function flawlessly. I kindly ask that you treat the resolution of this issue with high priority.
Thank you for your prompt response and for providing a definitive timeline.
A quick response from Ros means we’ll see and read it tomorrow.
