[Official] Ver 5.11 (Rose OS 5.11.08) Software Release

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I hazard to guess that you are in the minority. I was drawn to the 130 by its appearance, features and build quality. I had no illusions that as a digital transport with no moving parts that it had a “sound.” For that, I relied on my DAC, preamp, amps, speakers and room.

1 Like

@ROSEHAN @Rose_love @Rose
Hello everyone.
There is a serious buffering problem with this firmware when i play DSD256 or DSD512 even DXD.
The video shows the behavior and the device gets unresponsive.

20260927_201613348.mp4

Another bug is that the device cannot load the next track to play. The behavior in the next video.

20260927_195743815.mp4

As i told you many times i see steps of improvement but you’re cycling through bugs that never ending.

The power supply and components obviously have a final rendering

I had at home: Teac Ud701, Rs150b, Mac Mini (Roon) and Eversolo T10. Differences do exist, just compare and not simply assume

Obviously.


The VU meter issue can be resolved by going to Settings

Audio Settings >> VU meter and switching from “output” to “input.”

You must save this setting.

Then, switch back to “output” and save again.

The VU meters will then operate almost normally, although the display in this firmware tends to show a mono signal, there is virtually no difference in levels between the left and right channels, even when the music clearly dictates otherwise.

Note: I always disconnect my device from the power supply using a switched power strip, so need to do the steps always after start up my RS250A

2 Likes

That’s probably the smartest thing and its something that many old timers in the IT industry has known since Windblows 3.0.

You let the other guy find the mistakes unless its a necessary security patch. (Remember the Morris Worm?)

Rose has the early release program for those willing to take the risk.
I don’t know how this release got past QA, but it is what it is… If you’re borked… just go to the next release when it comes out. If you didn’t upgrade or are not borked… wait.

Its that simple.

Since there is no balance control… Unless your source can control the balance… the meters would give you the same level of output. That could be something to try.

Personally I like the clock w the weather app over VU meters.

Indeed I stay with version 5.9.07 which works perfectly at the Audio level on the rs130 after having the 5.9.09, 5.11.02 and 03

I don’t touch anything anymore, I can’t say if the gadgets (counters) work I don’t use them

The problem is, if you want gapless DSD you can’t use 5.9.07. I want gapless DSD.

I have very little DSd so it’s not embarrassing

This is the version that gives the best audio rendering at home and 3 others who also have Rs130 and who like me we make updates and came back

Boris, I 100% agree with you!

:slight_smile:

It’s funny, by now you’d think that if not the Rose “developers” (e.g. owner’s mistress’s nephew’s kid’s neighbor with a free Kimi 2.5 plan) at least the owners would have figured out that, all of the company’s periodic promises aside, the company neither knows how to write software (in a wider sense of “writing software” to include QA, fixing bugs, and other boring things) nor does it care to invest a red cent into it.

Someone has to do it, to warn everyone else, but being an experienced Rose user, why would you update to any version of their software without waiting at least two weeks for reports of blown speakers and inoperable devices to trickle in?

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like