[OTA] SW Ver 4.2(Rose 4.2.21.1) Software Release

Hello,

• This was independent of the meter used. Whichever I picked last is the one that showed back up again
    → Do you remember to color of the VU meter you usually use?

• I turned it off on the Rose device. When you say ‘turn it off’, I assume you mean hitting the return arrow so you get back to the ‘playing now’ screen. That’s what I did
    → Actually I meant to say what MuP mentioned, but it doesn’t matter, I just need to know what was the exact action you did.

• regarding DNLA, no, it never worked for me and I tried all the tricks folks talk about in the forum. Playing asset upnp would be ideal, obviously.
    → I’m sorry but no plan to support DLNA/UPNP media server yet.
    Media server and NAS is a different thing. You should be able to connect to your NAS with SMBv1.

After SMBv1 enabled in your NAS settings, what happens when you follow this path?
RS150 > MUSIC > FOLDER > NETWORK > Your NAS > Enter ID and PW

Thank you.

I have tht same problem as @hifiman and @Mup

• When playing via Roon, the VU meter needles don’t move at all
    I used only Roon on my RS250 ,no Rose APP i do the setting on my device

Thank you so much. Wow that’s a faint little symbol/button. Needles don’t move though, so there is really no point of switching to the VU meter in Roon.

Hi - I tried all the different colors, the result was the same. I now see the very faint ‘disable’ button, so that helps. However, the needles don’t move.

Regarding SMB1, (this has been the same for 8 months now), I get all the way to my network directory on my QNAP, to the right folder and sub-folder, I see all artists, within an artist I see all albums, but when selecting an album there are no songs. When I initiate a DB scan, it won’t scan. 0 songs. This has been unchanged for me and, reading the forums, I am not alone. No other streamer has had this issue and I have owned quite a few. SMB1 is enabled, of course. I deleted the log-in info as you suggested to someone else, and started fresh, but that also made no difference.

Hey @ROSELOA one thing im encountering with the new release is that when I’m playing local music (off HDD in rose rs250) or Tidal integration and I have the VU meter’s on, the Rose bluetooth remote control will not pause/unpause the track or skip forward/back. This does not happen if I’m using Roon - in that case the song will still pause or skip even if the VU meters are on

When I exit out of the VU meter mode and back to now playing the controls start working again. Maybe a bug when in VU mode it isn’t accepting the remote control commands? Thanks, great update overall!

Sample of three albums were mixed into one album after upgraded to this version, please fix ASAP. Thanks!

Is there an update for PC users expected anytime soon. Just noticed its still 4.1.7

Hello,

PC version for RoseConnect is in progress, won’t take long.
We will notice again when it’s ready.

Thank you for waiting.

Hi, my playlists are still not correct, both Tidal and Apple Music, despite the new iOS version , 400 nr tidal in the rose Connect app home 90 nr , Apple 400 nr gives 84 nr in rose Connect app ,

can you remove the advertising from qobuz in the rose home? And the recommended playback lists

Michael

Hello,

Hi, my playlists are still not correct, both Tidal and Apple Music, despite the new iOS version , 400 nr tidal in the rose Connect app home 90 nr , Apple 400 nr gives 84 nr in rose Connect app ,

1. Do you mean that you have 400 songs in a TIDAL playlist, but you can see only 90 songs in ROSE TIDAL playlist? And same with Apple Music?

2. How about on your ROSE device? Do you see the same as ROSE APP? Or you see all 400 songs?

3. Can you play the songs normally in ROSE unit that you couldn’t see in ROSE APP?

4. If it’s okay with you, can you show me a picture or screenshot?

Best Regards,

Hi Roseloa, that is indeed what I mean! The playlist I already have in Tidal and Apple, when I add it in Rose home, I only see a part of the songs there!

Hello,

Thank you for the screenshots.
About the photo on the left(87 tracks), seems like it’s a playlist stored in ROSE system.
About the photo on the right(399 tracks), seems like it’s a playlist stored in TIDAL system.

So, they are separated playlist.
You can verify by this.

• Can you see the 399 tracks playlist here? (Rose APP > TIDAL > My TIDAL > My Playlist(or TIDAL Playlist)
  • Can you see the 87 tracks playlist here? (Rose APP > ROSE HOME > My Playlist
    If your answer to both questions are 'YES’, they are separated playlist. I guess you had 399 tracks playlist before in TIDAL and made another similar playlist in ROSE system.

Hi, was curious why on apple music in the rose app the "about information " is in Chinese and can we expect this to be fixed ?

Regards

Hello,

Basically, if your Apple Account is in Chinese, Apple Music in ROSE APP will show you in Chinese.
Where’s the region that you set for Apple Music? Is it different with original Apple Music and Apple Music in ROSE APP?

I’m in Canada and my app on my iphone is in English.

Hello,

It doesn’t matter where you are and which language you’re using in phone.
When you make the Apple Music account, you can set your region.
If you set it as a country that uses Korean, it will show you Korean.

Still, if you can show me a screenshot, I can check for it.

Would the country setting be on the native app or on the rose app ?

Hello,

It depends on the native app.

Well…on the app itself on the iPhone there’s no settings for country…the county of my iPhone is set to Canada…and on the rose app and or settings of the actual unit there’s no settings to change the country for Apple music…so I suspect this is something the developers will have to investigate!!

Hello,

Would you show me a screenshot where the you can see Chinese?