Rose RS150b & Audirvana - UPNP DSD Problem

Hi.
I wrote a topic on Audirvana Community about playing DSD via Ethernet UPNP to Rose RS150b.
Support from Audirvana says that is a problem from Rose RS150b, not by Audirvana side.
Is there any solution to play Native DSD from Audirvana via UPNP by Rose RS150b?

Second problem is lack of native gapless playback using UPNP. Info below.

Below topic from Audirvana Community:

Audirvana Studio and Rose RS150b by UPNP - Connection with external Audio Devices / UPnP / DLNA - Audirvana

Here is debug Info from Audirvana playing DSD file on Rose RS150b by UPNP:
Active method: UPnP

Preferred device: [UPnP] Rose RS150 Model UID:CITECH Rose MediaRenderer UID:uuid:943b5cb7-f1ee-9dfe-ffff-ffffc0860aa6

Currently playing to UPnP device at 24 bits 176.4kHz
Selected device:Rose RS150
Manufacturer: CITECH
Model name: Rose MediaRenderer
Model UID: CITECH Rose MediaRenderer
UID: uuid:943b5cb7-f1ee-9dfe-ffff-ffffc0860aa6
UPnP device at

UPnP set capabilities
Maximum PCM frequency set: 768000Hz
Maximum PCM bitdepth set: 24
Not native DSD capable
Avoid RAW PCM streams: No

UPnP / DLNA supported protocols :
http-get::audio/flac:
http-get::audio/m4a:
http-get::audio/aac:
http-get::audio/3gpp:
http-get::audio/amr:
http-get::audio/ogg:
http-get::audio/mpeg:
http-get::audio/midi:
http-get::audio/x-midi:
http-get::audio/x-mid:
http-get::audio/x-wav:
http-get::audio/x-ms-wma:
DLNA 1.5: Yes
Native Gapless playback: No
Universal Gapless playback active: No
Missing events workaround: No
Can play native DSD: No
Volume Control: dB
Number of channels: 2
Use as stereo device only: No

@Basstech

I;m sorry for the late reply.

As a result of talking about the content with the person in charge of software, he said that we are currently in talks with Audirvana to play Native DSD from Audirvana via UPNP.
Currently, it is played only in PCM, but if the negotiations with Audirvana go well, Native DSD will also be playable.

Thank you

Is there a chance to get “Plays with Audirvana” certificate?

Regards

@Basstech

Nothing has been decided with Audirvana yet. We will let you know when the contract is concluded.

Thank you

Does it mean there is certificate Plays with Audirvana?

Regards

@Basstech

After checking with the software manager, Hi-Fi Rose was certified by Audirvana and was available for use.

There is a problem with play Native DSD. Info below:

HiFi ROSE RS150 - Plāys With Audirvāna / HiFi ROSE - Audirvana

Regards

Hello Rosehan,

Does this work? I’ve tried with my RS 10 and the Windows based Audirvāna can “see” the HiFi Rose RS 130 but after a few minutes the Audirvāna reports that it is not receiving any information from the RS 130.
Yes, the DLNA server option on the RS 130 is enabled.

I have checked firewalls on the Parallels/Windows and all are open and not blocking any transmission from the Rose so far as I can tell.

Is there a tutorial or do you have any suggestions as to what I can try next?

StandardModel.

A digital media server (DMS) stores content and makes it available on a network. A digital media player (DMP) can find content offered by a DMS on the network and play it back.

It’s my impression that the Rose device can serve as a DMP for Audirvāna on a remote computer acting as a DMS. Am I correct?
If I am, how are music files displayed when coming from the Audirvāna server to the Rose as a DMS? Where do I look for the music?

I’m running the Audirvāna and it shows that it’s connected through kernel streaming to the HiFi Rose RS 130. The Rose says that its DLNA is running. Now what? It’s my assumption that the music files displayed on the Audirvāna should show up under the “Music” tab of the Rose. If that is how it is intended to work, it doesn’t seem to.

StandardModel

Hello,

What’s the OS of your PC?
Windows 10, 11 or MAC?

I have a Mac Studio Operating System Sonoma 14.1 Operating also on the Mac is Parallels to emulate a PC.
This PC runs Windows 11.
Audirvana is running under Windows 11

StandardModel.

RoseHan and RoseLoa can You read this topic and check how it looks like on Your device? The last problem with playing gapless DSD.

Regards

I’m bumping this because the questions have not been answered.
StandardModel

ROSEHAN

12d

A digital media server (DMS) stores content and makes it available on a network. A digital media player (DMP) can find content offered by a DMS on the network and play it back.

It’s my impression that the Rose device can serve as a DMP for Audirvāna on a remote computer acting as a DMS. Am I correct?
If I am, how are music files displayed when coming from the Audirvāna server to the Rose as a DMS? Where do I look for the music?

I’m running the Audirvāna and it shows that it’s connected through kernel streaming to the HiFi Rose RS 130. The Rose says that its DLNA is running. Now what? It’s my assumption that the music files displayed on the Audirvāna should show up under the “Music” tab of the Rose. If that is how it is intended to work, it doesn’t seem to.

StandardModel
With HiFi Rose (I have an RS 130) acting as a Media Renderer (DMR) I believe that means that the RS 130 will find a DLNA Digital Media Server (DMS) provided they are both located on the same network.
I also see that Audirvāna lists HiFi Rose as a device that will act as a DMR with it acting as DMS. So, when I install Audirvāna and the RS 130 on the same network the RS 130 should see the Audirvāna automatically and act as a DMR for the DMS.

When I had my prior Streamer, a Cambridge CXN-V2 the DLNA function worked exactly this way by a) displaying all DMS’s on the network and allowing you to pick one and b) once a DMS was picked, displaying the content on that DMS ie, music files for you to pick and play on the CXN-V2 acting as a DMR.

My questions:

1. Why doesn’t the RS 130 display some indication that it has found and is connecting to a DLNA server on the network? Am I missing something?
  2. Once there is some sort of confirmation that a DLNA server is found, how does one select “see” and “play” the content from the Audirvāna DMS on the RS 130? I see no way to do this.
    I see that others have made this work partially by having a third party program but this should not be necessary. The only option I see with the Rose Software is to “Run the DLNA software” or not. Where are the rest of the necessary choices to select a DMS and then select and play the DMS content?

Is it possible that the HiFi Rose is a DLNA Renderer ONLY and does not act as a controller as well? This would seem very odd because, if so, it makes the renderer function almost useless.

Please help me understand exactly how the DLNA program on HiFi Rose works as a DMR and how to play music from the DMS through it.

StandardModel

1 Like

Roseloa,

I’ve given you this information and asked several questions in this thread. May I please have a response.

StandardModel

ROSEHAN

16d

Hello Rosehan,

Does this work? I’ve tried with my RS 10 and the Windows based Audirvāna can “see” the HiFi Rose RS 130 but after a few minutes the Audirvāna reports that it is not receiving any information from the RS 130.
Yes, the DLNA server option on the RS 130 is enabled.

I have checked firewalls on the Parallels/Windows and all are open and not blocking any transmission from the Rose so far as I can tell.

Is there a tutorial or do you have any suggestions as to what I can try next?

StandardModel.

1 Reply

StandardModel

ROSEHAN

15d

StandardModel

1 Reply

ROSELOA

StandardModel

14d

Hello,

What’s the OS of your PC?
Windows 10, 11 or MAC?

StandardModel

14d

I have a Mac Studio Operating System Sonoma 14.1 Operating also on the Mac is Parallels to emulate a PC.
This PC runs Windows 11.
Audirvana is running under Windows 11

StandardModel.

Basstech

9d

RoseHan and RoseLoa can You read this topic and check how it looks like on Your device? The last problem with playing gapless DSD.

Audirvana – 7 Nov 23

HiFi ROSE RS150

I see, so gapless with PCM is working properly but not with DSD, can you contact them about this manner and check if they get the same behavior on their end? I do not have the unit here at the office so I can’t reproduce this on my side :frowning:

Regards

StandardModel

StandardModel

3d

I’m bumping this because the questions have not been answered.
StandardModel

ROSEHAN

12d

StandardModel
With HiFi Rose (I have an RS 130) acting as a Media Renderer (DMR) I believe that means that the RS 130 will find a DLNA Digital Media Server (DMS) provided they are both located on the same network.
I also see that Audirvāna lists HiFi Rose as a device that will act as a DMR with it acting as DMS. So, when I install Audirvāna and the RS 130 on the same network the RS 130 should see the Audirvāna automatically and act as a DMR for the DMS.

When I had my prior Streamer, a Cambridge CXN-V2 the DLNA function worked exactly this way by a) displaying all DMS’s on the network and allowing you to pick one and b) once a DMS was picked, displaying the content on that DMS ie, music files for you to pick and play on the CXN-V2 acting as a DMR.

My questions:

1. Why doesn’t the RS 130 display some indication that it has found and is connecting to a DLNA server on the network? Am I missing something?
  2. Once there is some sort of confirmation that a DLNA server is found, how does one select “see” and “play” the content from the Audirvāna DMS on the RS 130? I see no way to do this.
    I see that others have made this work partially by having a third party program but this should not be necessary. The only option I see with the Rose Software is to “Run the DLNA software” or not. Where are the rest of the necessary choices to select a DMS and then select and play the DMS content?

Is it possible that the HiFi Rose is a DLNA Renderer ONLY and does not act as a controller as well? This would seem very odd because, if so, it makes the renderer function almost useless.

Please help me understand exactly how the DLNA program on HiFi Rose works as a DMR and how to play music from the DMS through it.

StandardModel

Maybe They just don’t know the answers :grimacing:

Basstech,

I can accept that. I don’t like it but I can accept it as long as it’s accompanied with “but we’ll find the answer and get back to you.”
Just to ignore the question doesn’t seem like good customer support.
I say this as an RS 130 owner and “Fan Boy” who really wants HiFi Rose to succeed. It troubles me that the Chinese in the form of Eversolo seem to be rapidly gaining on HiFi Rose. You can already see this by the price erosion in the 250. There is always room for a very high end product provided they give features and service commensurate with the price. If you look at the latest reviews, the difference between the RS130 and the Eversolo DMP A8 is minuscule except for the screen. The Eversolo software is much more clearly organized. The biggest advantage is the screen size and that can be fixed by a new screen supplier in a matter of months. The current case is already sized to hold it.

We all remember when Toyota introduced Lexus and the luxury brands laughed at Toyota trying to compete with them. The rest is history.

StandardModel

2 Likes

I found next problem with switching tracks.
Everything below on Audirvana Community:

I am trying to get my RS130 to work with Audirvana, and I get the below error, any ideas?

unable to open an audio file for playback. Connecting to my dac via USB.

maybe disable the windows firewall then start again

I don’t believe it can be done without another program. As I understand it DLNA has three components 1) a server - this is where the Audirvāna is running, 2) a player- that’s the function your RS 150b is serving and 3) a controller which tells the server what to play on the player. As I understand it the 150b will connect to the Audirvāna as a player through UpNP BUT without a player (3) nothing will play.
Many DLNA streamers combine the player and server like my last streamer a Cambridge CXN-2.
The Rose line doesn’t. I wish it would.
You can get a free player to use to control playing on the 150b.

StandardModel