RS 250 SSD problem

Hello, I just installed a Samsung EVO sata 2 TB SSD in my Rose RS 250, formatted it and set up SMB ID/PW exactly as described in the owner’s manual. But when I enter the RS 250’s IP adress in my windows PC it says “this webside can’t be reached”, “RS 250 has refused connection”. What is wrond here? did I miss something?
Thanks for help
Tom

Make sure that smb v1 is installed under windows components

smb v1 is disabled and not installed by Windows default

@toscha61 if you are trying to access it over Windows file sharing protocol (SMB) you shouldn’t be connecting to it as if it were a web site. Open Windows Explorer and enter \\192.168.x.x (or whatever you Rose’s IP is) in the address bar.

1 Like

Normally the rose device should appear in the network area so the direct access through ip in the explorer address bar isnt needed because you shoud see the share automaticly

What Windows version do you use? Windows 11 doesn’t support SMB v1 anymore.
I use FTP filetransfer (Filezilla client), it is fast and works under all Windows versions.

Thank for your answers! My PC is a Win 10 PC with SMB v1 enabled and the RS 250 shows up in the network area under file explorer as „ROSE-60“. Unfortunately I have not been successful yet! Are there some more settings I have to do in the RS 250? Or perhaps it is a problem with my network/router? I will have to check that out!

May I ask what your goal is to connect RS250 to your PC? I guess just for sending files from PC to the SSD of the RS250?
Did you see the item on this forum?: How to activate SMB 1.0 in Windows 10 for network file sharing
Because I use Windows 11 I can’t tell you how to setup SMB properly. But again, just for transferring files I suggest using FTP. Works flawless.

Hello Evert1966, you are right, I want to copy my music files to the SSD.
Thank you very much for sharing the link.
I followed the detailed instructions and now it works with SMB 1.0!

Perhaps you’ll find solutions in the exchange I had about how to copy external HDD on internal HDD, here after. It’is necessary to map your Rose disk on the network with W11 options, I use ftp and not smb, but it works !!

Hello all!

Just to throw in my 2 cents.  I too was having trouble sending music files from my pc to the rs250 over wifi..... i think I even connected them with an ethernet cable to no avail.  You'd think it would be a little easier.  I'm not an idiot but I don't have a degree in computer science either.  Anyhow,  I ended up installing my 1Tb samsung SSD directly into my pc, then transferred around 300 CD's onto it that I had painstakingly ripped over the course of 2 weeks,  then removed the SSD and installed it into the Rose. I should have used WAVE instead of FLAC because unfortunately there's no album art.  Live and learn. 
           Hope that helps a little.