Time for a 2024 Wish list?

I think there will be quite a carryover from the unfulfilled wish list of 2023.
We users got coal in our stockings.
Here’s hoping for a better RoseConnect in 2024.
Dum Spiro Spero.

I’m hoping that some of the whinging whoppers who come on here, first do a search of the topic, that they are asking a question about.

Also, I’d like to read less from those beauts who are angry about purchasing the product and keep coming on to bleat about it.

Finally, I’d love to see a room equalisation feature, such as Dirac.

3 Likes

Sounds about right to me.

If you are using an external player (Roon, Audirvana…) you could do room correction in it though. Roon with convolution created in Focus Fidelity sounds quite well to me.

Mine are all here: Rs520 AirPlay Requests

All AirPlay related. Is this because the unit doesn’t officially support AirPlay 2?

I would second that !
The introduction of Amazon Music HD is also long overdue.
Otherwise, very satisfied with RS520.
Also, my thanks to you, BorisM and StandardModel for your expertise and help on this forum throughout the year. You taught me a lot !
Seasons Greetings !

2 Likes

:heart_eyes:

We are all on a journey of discovery.

no need to login to rose server any more.

I would like to see updates that are easy to install and work in the future

I’m going to say it, like I asked in 2023, please add SiriusXM streaming.

Please improve DB-Scan on network folder significantly and fix the bug with endless DB-Rescan. And visible progress of DB-Rescan like on first DB-Scan would be useful.

And adapting the translations and UI (e.g. Artist view) between in Rose Connect Apps (at least Android/iOS) would be nice.

And by the way, bugfixing, bugfixing, bugfixing.

1 Like

A simple but very useful add would be radio station .ico favicons for user selected stations which show the station’s logo (copy Roon’s implementation).
When a user input radio station is selected to play there is a listing of it in a tiny rectangle in the top of the list. After selection of a station, just go directly to the full screen display of the station.
Also, there may be legal reasons against it, but if possible, add automatic selection of Shazam for each song played by a station.
The remote (even though beautiful and better than it was in bluetooth connectivity) is nearly unworkable because it doesn’t accept a second command until the first command has completed its transmission and reception.
I love RoseTube but its menus need work. A lot. RoseTube Home . This “Home” listing cannot be changed or rearranged. I’m sure somebody loves Mariinsky Theater and Nora Jones and K-Pop Hot 30 but not me. Why can’t I change them? Why doesn’t it display the ten highest count plays in RoseTube or last ten plays?
The “Thumbs up” featured selection displays Music I have never added a thumbs up to or even heard of.

All DLNA programs - even the free ones automatically search the local network for music and list the paths where they can be selected by a click. Rose doesn’t. It doesn’t even return an error message when incorrect inputs are made. It just dies. Very poor programming.
Add the ability to play a song(s) in the queue by clicking it.
How is it possible that one can’t even do a text search of the songs in the queue?
In the (newly released) IOS App Apple Music is missing in the left margin list of available programs . In the Setting-> Menu option/management adding the Apple Music app is missing. Add it in.
Add a setting option to automatically play video through HDMI when a video signal is present.
Please, please, please give us the ability to rearrange screens to remove or reorder things like Duodo. There are other items which may be irrelevant to a user which a user would like to reorder or remove. Also, I know Rose’s music selections are meaningful but I’d prefer to see my own first.

On the in/Out settings there is no HDMI selection for I2s. There should be. The two I2S pinouts offered on the RS 130 do not match those of the most commonly sold Dacs. For example I have a Gustand R26 R2R DAC. No joy on I2s connections. Incompatible. It would be extremely helpful on the RS 130 to give a list of Dacs which have been I2S tested and found to work. Alternatively , it would be reasonable on such a high end product to simply offer pinout menu selections.
Commit the resources to do regular meaningful updates… at least three per year.
I know that RTFM is anathema to most people but a software manual would really be a big help.
Buy an Eversolo D8 and see how others do programming.

StandardModel

As far as I’m concerned, I’ve been very happy with my RS201E since 2021 and my one and only wish would be for a web api so that I could integrate it into my home assistant.

@manudream
May I ask you how many files your music library contents, where is it stored and how long your rescan times are after adding new music? And does rescan always works within comparable duration?

Sorry, but my answer won’t help you.
I currently have a 1TB SSD in the RS201E with 50 LP in DSF.
For the rest of my collection, I have a Proxmox server with Roon Rock, and I use the RS201E with Roon Ready.

But DB rescan on your ROSE device for internal SSD works reliable, no endless rescan?

iBluesound BluOS Platform Adds Pandora & Presto Music Streaming Services

It Would be nice to keep up with the competition.

2 Likes

My 2024 Wishlist:

1. Playlist focus (not only Album focus)

1a) I currently have near 70 Playlists. That’s my prime playback preference. Also, I like playing other user’s public playlists ← that’s a great way to discover new music.

1b) Similar to disc players, save the last played position for the 5 most recently played playlists (this permits PLAY, on any of these 5 playlists, to prompt “Restart Playlist or Resume Playlist”. ← this will become a unique strength for HiFi Rose.

1. Add more user selectable i2s pin configurations – my Anthem AVM 90 preamp supports i2s as HDMI

2. Support i²s SFP for the following audio channel formats:

• Mono
    • Stereo (2.0, 2.1)
    • 2D Surround Sound (up to 7.1) <-today, many music songs are 5.1
    • 3D audio (up to 7.1.6) <-today, many streaming services offer 3D music
  3. Plex w/ external player – external player is HiFi Rose’s player

4a). Plex is a great app for music (e.g., their “server”, “list” & “sort” functions are incredible)

4b) HiFi Rose’s greatest weakness is its User Interface & Scan/Recan sluggishness. Solve this weakness permanently by supporting “Plex Server & Plex with HiFi Rose’s player (i.e., HiFi Rose’s audio/video player is Plex’s external audio/video player”)

1. Amazon Music

2. Don’t play music videos on Front Panel ← always play music videos on HDMI.

6a) Plus add “Play Lyrics” function to see lyrics on TV.

6b) Lastly, 4K video should be possible with HDMI connection to preamp port).

6c) Music Video playback is unique to HiFi Rose; now, make it a strength!!

1. File Extension: Add VOB for music videos

2. Front Panel to be usable & easily readable from 12 feet

8a) I prefer my player controls on my tablet (not on the Front Panel).

8b) Permit Front Panel to be dedicated for currently playing information ← permit user to press a top right icon, to switch panel to “Default” view & “Currently Playing” view

8c) “Currently Playing” view to have no other selectable icons shown. Shown is only: album cover, textual info “Artist - Song Title” (including dynamic metadata & song’s remaining time/total time ← when applicable, show the word “Playlist Song” or “Album Track” followed by “nn of yy”

1. User Manual is horrible ← currently, it describes the basic hardware but not the User Interface nor the User Functions.

9a) User Manual on paper is NOT needed ← instead permit user to download pdf file for an up-to-date manual.

In addition, required after a “factory reset” (or to upload onto a new HiFi Rose device) :

1. Provide Export/Import Settings feature

2. Provide Backup/Restore Dynamic Operational Info function such as backup streamer user ids & passwords, RS-130 created playlists, user Favorites, …

Database scan, database editing /management capabilities and database reset

1 Like

Gapless DSD! (need this to get past 20 characters)

2 Likes