TV sound cuts out

hi, it works perfectly for me. The hdmi ARC connection requires a quality cable. I suggest trying with a suitable cable.
I have a Sony TV and an LG - Rose 150b. Greetings

Have a brand new Sony A95k Oled now had a Panasonic ZT plasma before with no drop outs. The Sony had issues of sound cutting out with the same HDMI cable I had been using with my ZT plasma. Had to fish them out of the walls and I replaced them with directional cables from Costco called WireLogic with a 48 Gbps data rate, never had a drop out since.

Iā€™m a new owner of the RS150B and Iā€™ve got an LG OLED CX6 and have exactly this issue. Very annoying. Iā€™m using a directional AudioQuest hdmi cable and have never had any issues with this cable until Iā€™ve used it with my RS150B. Tried both directions, no luck.

Toslink has been fine for me so far, only had an out of sync issue that sorted itself after I restarted the stream on Netflix.

Rich, are you running your RS150 on WiFi or Ethernet cable? Call me crazy, but I donā€™t remember getting any drop outs with WiFi when I ran that for a short time, but with a direct Ethernet connection, I often get drop outs with ARC. I have been using Toslink, but I have had a couple drop outs with that as well but only twice in many hours of watching TV. Iā€™ve tried at least five different HDMI cables including all different types and the ARC drops out with any of them.
Sean
HifiHandyman

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I am moving from a NAD M33 to an Enleum AMP-23r for my living room setup. I figured pairing an RS150B would be a good way for me to preserve a lot of the functionality from the M33 that I became accustomed to, HDMI ARC in particular. So this thread and some others mentioning ARC issues has me pretty concerned.

Before I pull the trigger on purchasing the RS150B, are folks still having issues with this? My 2021 Samsun Frame TV via HDMI ARC and Audioquest Vodka e-ARC cable to M33 has been ultra reliable. Hoping to find a comparable solution. Thanks!

You just have to try it. Mine cuts out on a regular basis maybe once or twice during a movie, but other people have great results. My tv is a few years old LG OLED. It never cuts out with my M33 or Classe preamp. Go figure. I love it though. Purchase from a reputable authorized dealer.

1 Like

Good call, removes the chance to scoop a used one, but might just have to grab from a dealer with a return policy and hope it works out well.

One other thing I am curious about, on the NAD M33 turning the TV on will auto wake the M33 out of standby. Any chance the Hifi Rose has that same functionality? I will keep my fingers crossed that is the case as I really am trying to keep the family/kid friendly seamless integration of my 2 channel system and the TV. I just couldnā€™t really deal with the poor synergy between the Klipsch Forte IV and the NAD M33 anymore.

Iā€™m still having the drop out issuesā€¦ā€¦ especially since the last update

Mine is stored in the basement because the drop outs are so annoying! I might get a projector soon and try it then.
HifiHandyman

Has this issue ever been solved. Itā€™s clearly the 150B. Now itā€™s constantly dropping out on airplay as well as ARCā€¦ā€¦something new. Truly wish I had never purchased this pos.

I too have this intermittent audio cut out issue. Iā€™m quite confident the problem is relating to the ESS DAC chip and DPLL bandwidth or jitter elimination. This is not a new problem in the DAC world and has already been solved by other products that allow the user to change the DPLL bandwidth setting to better accommodate problematic sources. According to the ES9038Pro datasheet, there are a couple of configurable settings (dpll_bw_serial and dpll_bw_dsd) for the DAC chip we need to have implemented into the HiFi Rose products so we can mitigate the jitter handling behavior causing the audio cutout.

Is a DPLL bandwidth option as mentioned above and detailed in the below links on the HiFi Roseā€™s roadmap anytime soon?

https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/1082/ES9038PRO_Datasheet_v3_7-3074335.pdf

@ROSEHAN is the jitter handling behavior described above being looked into yet? A possible solution to the audio cutout for ma y kd ys modern TV owners relying on the RS150b for our audio needs appears to be easily achieved if the software wouldet us change the aggressive default behavior of the DAC chip. Itā€™s been almost 1.5 years now since this problem was first reported which is frustrating considering the extreme expense of the RS150b and time knowing such a solution is sitting there just waiting to be implemented by HiFi Rose.

@HiFiDude

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Among Hifi Rose devices, we found this symptom only on RS520 and made a correction as described below. This symptom did not appear on other devices before.

I will once again forward this to the software team and ask them to fix it.

Iā€™m happy to help in any way I can with any beta testing, etc. I can guarantee the issue occurs with an LG G2 TV and RS150b within 30 minutes to 1.5 hours of use whether itā€™s the Optical, Coaxial, or ARC input.

@HiFiDude

Please check a few things.

1. When connecting the TV and RS150b via ARC or optical, does all sound cut out after 30 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes?
    Or is the sound cut out only in ARC?

2. When the TVā€™s sound is cut out, will the sound come out if you change the input to a different one and then change it back to ARC?

My previous post from August 16 along with the link better explains why the audio cut out issues for many people relying on ESS DAC implementations. I have had the problem occur as early as 5 minutes of TV use with the inputs and as many as 3 or 4 times while watching a movie regardless of input between the RS150b and the TV. The audio cut out is intermittent and occurs for about 1 - 2 seconds before audio resumes for a while until the audio cut out occurs again. This is typical of the default ESS sabre settings that other companies making DACs have been able to mitigate by giving the user an option to relax such behavior so the chip doesnā€™t disconnect the audio in an attempt to fix jitter. This is why I provided a link to the datasheet and technical evidence of such a solution I think is referred to as ā€œincreasing DPLL bandwidthā€.

If what I am trying to explain here isnā€™t making much sense then the research and explanation by JDS labs using the link from my first post above on August 16th I hope helps make it more clear.

I would post the JDS labs link again here if the forum restriction wasnā€™t preventing me from doing so. It says, ā€œSorry you cannot post a link to that host.ā€

Not sure why my post was ā€œflagged as spamā€ and hidden from the community. It is relevant and technical information including a possible solution to the problem that myself and others are having with the audio cut out problem. I can shamelessly copy and paste instead of using hyperlinks to external sources if such posts are going to just get flagged as ā€œspamā€ if thatā€™s more acceptable.

Hello,

When you create multiple posts related to same domain, ROSE community site automatically mark it as spam. This is a measure to filter out malicious users. Thank you for your understanding.
Your post has been restored.

Best Regards,