When does 'ROSE server connection failed' message pops up?

Q)
When does ‘ROSE server connection failed’ message pops up?

A)
There are few cases when ’ ‘ROSE server connection failed’ appears.

‘ROSE server connection failed’ pops up mostly when the network is not connected. Please check your network and try again.

• If ‘ROSE server connection failed’ pops up even after a short time, please try other networks(It takes a short time after the device is turned on for the network to be connected). Such as, if your router supports dual band (2.4ghz/5ghz), please try the other network.
  • Make sure the router and ROSE device is not too far apart and that there are no obstacles to obstruct them, such as wall, microwave, etc.
  • The ‘tethering’ function of your phone is also one of the good things to check network. If the network problem does not occur after tethering is connected, please check the router.

‘ROSE server connection failed’ may pop up when the ROSE OS is not the latest version. Please check if your ROSE OS is on the lastest version.
(Setting → System Info → System Version Information → You will see ‘Lastest Version’ if your version is the lastest version.

‘ROSE server connection failed’ may pop up when the IN-APPs are not on the lastest version. Please check if your IN-APPs are on the lastest version. Please check if the app you want to use in the Rose Store is the latest version.

Could you please specify which router settings need to be checked, tethering works fine in my case but not my regular wifi.

Hello,

1. When using secure IP at school, company, dormitory, etc.
  2. If you are using a WIFI6 router

A ‘ROSE server connection failed’ message may appear.

Can you use the WIFI by connecting to laptop?

I have gor no prob with my wifi using a laptop, streaming nerflix or amazon prime (Sony Android TV), there was no prob with Node either (RS250 was meant to replace it). My router is Tenda Rx9 Pro.

Is there a way you can help me with getting the connection to rose server fixed, or should i just let it go?

Hello,

Please check…

1. If your router has dual band wifi(2.4G and 5G), would you try to connect 2.4G WIFI?
  2. Is your clock setting in RS250 normal?
  3. When you connect ethernet to the RS250, does it work?
  4. Would you try hotspot tethering from your phone to connect with RS250?

Thank you,

1. It is connected to 2.4 and not 5
  2. Yes, clock shows correct time
  1. No, it does not
  2. It connects to server immediately when i use iphone as hotspot instead of my home network

Hi - The 150b does not support WIFI6?

Help please, Connection Failed!

Since the system updated to 4.1, the iPhone app (RoseConnectPremium version 4.05.06) will not find my Rose RS150 system over WiFi.

I don’t have an Ethernet wired connection. My Wifi setup is super simple, 2.5G only. The router is literally sitting right next to the RS150.

IP search and entering the IP address shown on the RS150 settings screen doesn’t find it. RS150 settings screen has a QR code button and it says “scan QR code icon on RoseConnectPremium app”. Where do I do this on the app?

Please help, connecting to the system should be so simple, this is so frustrating.

Hello @FlyingDutchman

I apologize for the inconvenience.
It seems that there is an error in the machine system.

Could you please try Factory reset?
ROSE device—Settings----System settings----Factory reset
After the Factory reset, please update every streaming services.
Connect with your Wi-Fi and please let me know if you have other problem.

Thank you

Hi, there.
I own a Rose RS 250
I´ve tried everything: check the network, change for another network, I´ve the lastest version of the Rose, even the apps are updated but the message stills pop up and the Rose doesen´t work.
I´ve also tried “Factory reset” but stills not working.
Please could you help me?
Thanks indeed

@coquemessa

I apologize for any inconvenience.

One question, what text appears in the pop-up message?

It pop-up two messages: “Network failed” (just once) and everytime: “Rose server connection failed”.
The time and the date are not correct and the app dosen´t work properly: it cannot connect with the rose…
Everything is updated: software device, apps, etc.
Also I´ve restore the device.
Thanks indeed!!

Hello @coquemessa

I apologize for the inconvenience.
I have few questions to ask

1. Which Rose model are you using?
  2. Is it possible to connect via wire instead of Wi-Fi?

If not
It seems that there is an error in the machine system.

Could you please try Factory reset?
ROSE device—Settings----System settings----Factory reset
After the Factory reset, please update every streaming services.
Connect with your Wi-Fi and please let me know if you have other problem.

Thank you

Hi there.
The model is RS 250
I cannot connect it wire, only wireless.
I already Factory reseted.
Thank you so much for your quick answer.

Did this ever get resolved? I have the exact same problem with my RS250.

Hello @coquemessa and @razman ,

Please try this.

1. RS250 > Settings > Date and Time > Auto set date and time > OFF
  2. RS250 > Settings > Date and Time > set Date Settings / Time Settings according to your region.
  3. Please let me know your ROSE ID.
    (RS250 > Settings > SystemInfo > ROSE ID)

Thank you,

Hi, I did as you suggested, Factory reset and updated the streaming services. No difference, message on app is still Connection Failed. I also tried tethering via my iPhone and only then does the RoseConnectPremium app find my Rose R150. However, not a very good solution because the R150 in that configuration will be streaming via my iPhone.

Please advice

Hello @FlyingDutchman

Currently, there is no way to scan a QR on your iPhone. Currently only available on Android. It will be added later.

Please let me know the Wi-Fi IP address connected to the iPhone and the IP address of your Rose device.

1. iPhone IP address: Please tell me the wifi IP address connected to your mobile phone
  2. Rose IP address: Settings----System Info----IP Address

Thank you