RS130 User Interface

I am trying to visualize the RS130 user interface:

1. Front Panel Displays
  2. Android Tablet User Interface - starting with the Home Screen

If you have images, please include them in this topic. Add a short message explaining what the image is & the active icons (ie, what the icons do).

During song playback (default):

Radio Vintage Look:

VU Meter in blue, yellow, or red:

Song playback (default):

I sit 12 feet away – I suspect the metadata line & artist line will be difficult to read.

Sure would like to see the “content info” front panel display.

A moins d’avoir une télévision a une certaine distance ce sera pareil.

La tablette à proximité donne aussi les informations

Gil

1 Like

If you have tablet displays, please please show them. I’ve been unable to find any.

Album Front Display view:

Le principal sur ce type d’appareil c’est le rendu sonore, là vous vous occuper de detail en occultant le principal

1 Like

Gilles is right. The purpose of the machine is to reproduce music. If you want to read clearly from any distance, please use a handheld.

For convenience, the following information was copied from: About VU meter

VU Meters for RS130 includes Type A, B, E, and F:

How to change VU Theme:

BTW, HiFi Rose stated “Since Macintosh has a copyright on the blue VU-meter, we have removed the corresponding VU-meter display from the Front Panel”

RS130 exclusive icon skin:

RS130’s Default Icon Skin:

Found 1st Landscape view of RoseConnect (see below) – this display was from @ARey11 on the thread “[OTA] SW Ver 4.2(Rose 4.2.21.1) Software Release”

RoseConnect is running on Windows OS.

Especially take note of the left column -‐ it lists the 1st level of available choices. The user selected “Settings” which caused the “Settings Screen” to appear:

Thanks to @Bonte I now know what the setting “increase content info” does.
See User Setting “increase content info” -- what does this do

Example of “increase content info”:

For RoseTube screen example, thank you @Bonte in RS130 Rose Tube playback problem

Re: Multi-Channel Audio Settings: Provided by @HMANAZ on I2S and the Rose 130

Use the HDMI out on the Rose RS130 for multichannel (HMDI Passthrough):

i²s Setup:

So far, based on best of…forums & reviews, I am favoring the “Tubulus Concentus i2s Cable V2” (Pink Faun is too expensive for me).

Edited June 17, 2024 Warning: The following posts got off topic and there are lots of misunderstandings & debates whose right/wrong (plus opinions). To see the key posts, skip to post #31, then #38, #45, and continue from #58 onward.

For i2s hardware kits, see Upgraded to the RS130 from the RS150b ← take note of the links to two AfterDark i2s Kit

@joyofmvid I think you are confused between two interface formats: HDMI and 12S.

HDMI - Used to connect devices to monitors and TVs and other AV devices using the HDMI 1.0, 1.3, 1.4, 2.0, 2.1 format. Uses HDMI cables which carry video and audio including surround/multi-channel. HDMI - Wikipedia

I2S - Used to connect streamers to DACs mostly internally. Externally can use RJ45, DVI, and HDMI cables. Carries 2 channel audio in PCM or DSD format.

You can’t just change the pin out to connect an HDMI device/socket to an I2S device/socket, using an HDMI cable. These are two distinct formats.

How else can I explain this?

1 Like

Edited to more clearly describe i2s:

I know it’s not a standard AV HDMI cable. As you said, an i2s cable carries 2 channel audio in i2s format (which is a 3 level format, one level being clock information to reduce jitter)…

I am planning to get an i2s cable with an HDMI connector on both cable ends. On the RS130 end, the cable needs to be pinned to either Mode A or Mode B’s pin configuration. On my AVM 90 cable end (HDMI connector), the cable needs to be custom pinned to the Anthem pin configuration (assuming AVM 90 supports the i2s protocol on an i2s specific HDMI input).

Let me know whether I am on the right track or not.

So far, I’ve contacted Anthem and they said they accept i2s on HDMI. I still need to get the Anthem AVM 90’s pin configuration.

As for RS130, do you know the connector – is it DVI, HDMI, or either one?

RS130 has HDMI connector with A/B pin configurations. This outputs I2S signal/format.

I am sorry I can’t help you understand that you can’t plug in an I2S device into an HDMI format, I read the AVM manual just to be sure. I don’t see anything about I2S support. You are being misinformed. IT WILL NOT WORK. At best you get silence, at worst you short the streamer or pre.

1 Like